Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real? well i had one this morning and woke up thinking a dog was licking my face and pressing up against me lol. it was a dobe, an adult male dog who's name escaped me as soon as i woke up. i have one of those water fountains for mojo and in my dream this big dobe was trying to drink out of it and b/c his head was so big he knocked the dome sideways and the fountain was going up in the air. he was in the 'puppy' stance, ya know butt in the air thing? and the water was splashing all over his chest and paws and he just kept licking away lol. in the dream i'm watching him and laughing with a friend and telling her i adopted him and saved his life. now here's the thing, i don't think its some unconscious desire b/c it was a he. i've always been partial to girl dogs...always. i have owned a few male dogs and love them just the same but i have usually preferred females just because there's no umm parts to see :oops: and b/c i have met resistance to adopting a dobe, my childhood dog, from my hubby and told him i would never adopt one over a year old. this was several years ago! in my dream there was the assumption that this was a much older dog, like 5+ and housebroken. does that make sense? do i sound crazy :yikes so here i am this morning looking on petfinder, craigslist and the local rescue for dobe's. dh thinks i've lost my mind. we don't have a fenced in yard but this dog was older and wouldn't really need one as we walk a lot and now are riding bikes too so exercise is plentiful. i was thinking of going to the local shelter to see if they have one as they don't post many online, idk why. so i'm feeling a bit off kilter...all this from a dream? is it insane to go through with something this big? i had originally thought when the time came i would adopt a bully breed, pit mix or something. i just don't know, perhaps i am out of it 8O

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
crystal_ds said:
do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real?
I have those type of dreams a lot. And sometimes it's very disconcerting waking up and finding out that everything that happened was just a dream. I've actually cried when I realized it was only a dream...that's how vivid it was.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Not to be a 'wet blanket' (ha-ha) but when I dream of *water* (rain, puddle, ocean, river, snow, pool, hose-spray) it means my bladder is full and I need to wake up and go potty.

I have had a few dreams that were very realistic. I remember one when I was in High School and one of my friends at that time was a neighbor boy who I rode horses with. His Grandfather would take him and his horse once a week to a lesson and they would sometimes show in the summer weekends. Anyhow, he came back from one lesson where the instructor was trying to get a smoother "back" from his horse when the judges would ask them to back up in a smooth line. Rather than using the reins, which caused the horse to swing his head up in resistance, hollow his back and not back-up very well, this instructor taught him how to cue his horse by squeezing his legs. (bump the bit and slowly squeeze, when the horse would back, release the pressure on the bit, but keep squeezing to ask the horse to back up)
So, he and I were trying to teach my old horse that 'trick'. I dreamed that night, that I'd ridden Cochise at home, squeezed my legs and he backed up in a straight line all the way across the corral! I was so excited, I was riding Cochise over to my friend's house to go trail-riding and very excited to tell him about how Cochise backed up...when I was halfway there, and realized it had all been a dream! *laughing* What a let down!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
Not to be a 'wet blanket' (ha-ha) but when I dream of *water* (rain, puddle, ocean, river, snow, pool, hose-spray) it means my bladder is full and I need to wake up and go potty.
Boy, I really 'hear ya' on that one! When I have to 'go' during the night I will invariably dream of really having to 'go' but everytime, the public washroom I'm in, all the toilets are backed up and spilling water all over the floor.......so I can't 'go'! It's almost like a minor nightmare actually. :lol:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Oh btw, talking of water and suchlike, has anyone actually tried (with any success) the old "hand in warm water" prank?

The idea is, you put a sleeping victim's hand in warm water, and they wet themselves in their sleep.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
No. No adolescent boys in our house when I was growing up, though I bet if I had a younger brother, he certainly would have tried that! :mrgreen:
...and I bet it would have worked on me! 8O

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
pookie769 said:
When I have to 'go' during the night I will invariably dream of really having to 'go' but everytime, the public washroom I'm in, all the toilets are backed up and spilling water all over the floor.......so I can't 'go'! It's almost like a minor nightmare actually. :lol:
I get that same dream! The setting can be a public restroom or an outside latrine - always a different place, but there are endless stalls of toilets that are too filthy or backed up to use. VERY frustrating!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
crystal_ds said:
do you ever have those dreams that are so vivid and real that you wake up and it takes you a minute to figure out that it wasn't real? well i had one this morning and woke up thinking a dog was licking my face and pressing up against me lol. it was a dobe, an adult male dog who's name escaped me as soon as i woke up. i have one of those water fountains for mojo and in my dream this big dobe was trying to drink out of it and b/c his head was so big he knocked the dome sideways and the fountain was going up in the air. he was in the 'puppy' stance, ya know butt in the air thing? and the water was splashing all over his chest and paws and he just kept licking away lol. in the dream i'm watching him and laughing with a friend and telling her i adopted him and saved his life. now here's the thing, i don't think its some unconscious desire b/c it was a he. i've always been partial to girl dogs...always. i have owned a few male dogs and love them just the same but i have usually preferred females just because there's no umm parts to see :oops: and b/c i have met resistance to adopting a dobe, my childhood dog, from my hubby and told him i would never adopt one over a year old. this was several years ago! in my dream there was the assumption that this was a much older dog, like 5+ and housebroken. does that make sense? do i sound crazy :yikes so here i am this morning looking on petfinder, craigslist and the local rescue for dobe's. dh thinks i've lost my mind. we don't have a fenced in yard but this dog was older and wouldn't really need one as we walk a lot and now are riding bikes too so exercise is plentiful. i was thinking of going to the local shelter to see if they have one as they don't post many online, idk why. so i'm feeling a bit off kilter...all this from a dream? is it insane to go through with something this big? i had originally thought when the time came i would adopt a bully breed, pit mix or something. i just don't know, perhaps i am out of it 8O
They talk a lot about this in the book Animals and the Afterlife: by Kim Sheridan Ph.D. I found the book facinating

http://www.amazon.com/Animals-Afterlife-Stories-Friends-Journey/dp/1401908896/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240002936&sr=1-1

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
It doesn't happen very often, but Arianwen sometimes "dreams" things to me, if she can't find another way of making herself understood.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I occasionally have vivid dreams...I remember as a kid dreaming me and my sisters got lost in a big store (think the Bay...oh. Canada) and then it turned into a creepy forest. *shrugs* oddly it wasn't a scary dream, other than the recurring bit.

I've always wanted a great dane, and I once had a dream that I found the perfect one and I had brought him home. I remember he was a big black dane, with a little white on his chest and front feet, and he was giving me kisses. Then i woke up and I was upset.

lol, I don't know if this counts but my second job was in a popular Canadian coffee shop (not saying it, lol!) and I will still occasionally answer the window at drive through right before i fall asleep...out loud. My bf loves it *blush*.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts