Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Mom complains and my brother complains, I can't stand it.

It's no wonder I moved away after college. Now I'm back, and nothing has changed :(

Can anyone relate??

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
YES! :)

I'm a recent college grad and haven't yet purchased my own home. (This will hopefully change in a month or two.) Anyway, I moved back in the area and am not staying with my family, lol.

My parents are too old, I guess. They're pretty set in their ways and are used to me not being around. Though they wouldn't say it, I could always tell that I was getting in the way when I would come home for a weekend or something.

That's why I made the decision to move somewhere else. I figured it'd be better for all of us.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yup! My sister is always complaining. My dad doesnt complain much, actually I dont think he does at all. My mom complains a lotttttt. I'm not sure, but would like blaming everything on somebody else be complaining? lol because shes always doing that. Whatever happens, its my fault. But, I think I'm the biggest complainer in the house :lol:

Edit: Oh, but I didnt leave for college :p

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
My mother-in-law has spent her entire life doing nothing but complaining - I swear! I've only known her for 8 years but that's 8 years too many, in my book. My husband, on the other hand, couldn't be on more of an even keel all the time. I don't know how he turned out so nice with a mother like her.

My MIL is 77 years old and refuses to budge as far as her attitude towards anything and everything. Unfortunately, she only lives a few minutes away from us, my husband is an only child, so we're stuck with her for the time being. It would be kind of cruel to just up and leave her alone in this town since she is my husband's mother and will probably need assisted living care pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My mom is a very noble breed, a classic old-school Minnesotan who believes it could always be worse. Very rarely do I ever hear her complain about anything, because it could always be worse and she counts herself lucky.

It's a little annoying, actually. I'll call her up with lots on my mind, upset about something, and her reply will be "Oh, well. You can deal with it." RAAAR.

:D

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Aphrodeia, maybe it is a Minnesota thing. My mom is so much like that. She is always making comments like, "Oh well, at least we aren't having hurricanes". (in Minnesota...I hope not!! :roll: )

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Lori said:
Aphrodeia, maybe it is a Minnesota thing. My mom is so much like that. She is always making comments like, "Oh well, at least we aren't having hurricanes". (in Minnesota...I hope not!! :roll: )
I really think it is. It's very Lake Wobegon. During the winters, it was always "Ofer crying out loud, it's only a foot of snow. Not like the Halloween Blizzard of 1991. Get out there and shovel." :lol: Or if we had a leak in the basement? "At least we didn't live in Grand Forks in 1997! You betcha!"

... I think I'm channeling my grandmother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts