Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TrinityQuiet said:
Very impressive! :D
:lol: well thats certainly debatable but it makes me smile to think how many scientists around the world are about to get to look at Toby ;)

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huge said:
Hey, Allie, you haven't heard of Prof C. Anthony have you? (don't think you will have but it's worth a try.)
Only though your website Huge. We arent in the same field ;)

As for Toby - he has been working hard on a study entitled 'How yummy does this cat food taste?" ;) He is really dedicated too :lol:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
ha! of course not the same field, but the same background. Anyway you lot tend to be pretty specialized, so I knew it was a long shot :D Plus he's been academically institutionalised :lol: I'll ask if he's heard of CATH though.

If I was just a bit better at self motivation (ok a LOT better), I would have gone into something like this. It still interests me, but I just haven't got the right brain.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wow! I understood so little of what you do.
And you and Toby are so cute together.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huge said:
ha! of course not the same field, but the same background. Anyway you lot tend to be pretty specialized, so I knew it was a long shot :D Plus he's been academically institutionalised :lol: I'll ask if he's heard of CATH though.
He may have done. I see he has done a lot of protein-related stuff. Depemds on whether what he has done is entirely wet lab or not I suspect.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I think Toby's next experiment should be one studying the effects of different body positions and how much mat they can cover with minute but infinitestimal changes to reach maximum coverage. Maybe turn it into a timed experiment?

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heidi n Q said:
I think Toby's next experiment should be one studying the effects of different body positions and how much mat they can cover with minute but infinitestimal changes to reach maximum coverage. Maybe turn it into a timed experiment?
I think thats an excellent idea. I'll tell him that but he has his mouth - I mean - paws full - with his food study right now :lol:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
melysion said:
Nope - he just sits on them with distain ;)
Distain, lol, sounds like "This stain".... :lol:

Impressive work, Allie. I understood the word "protein" :? Well, Toby does do a significant amount of protein conversion, doesn't he? Maybe you could study how he mutates them into hairballs.... 8O

I studied molecular genetics back in the Dark Ages (the 70s). And I don't remember more than a molecule of what I learned. :oops:

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've feeling slightly embarassed now because this wasnt really supposed to be a thread about me boasting about my achievements (such as they are) - it was about Toby being on my staff page for scientists to see all over the world when they come to use the site :lol:

Thanks for the kind comments though. :oops: :oops:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts