Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago, the land was wrought with fear and despair, the forces of evil ran rampant. People the world over were persecuted, their cries for mercy ignored. The rivers ran red with the blood of dieing innocence, the air filled with the acrid smell of burning flesh. The people had lost hope, their prayers unanswered, despair, poverty, loneliness, torment all that remain.

Then one day it all changed, upon the land swept a force, the years of praying for someone to save them answered. It fell upon the towns and villages at night, a heavy mist that entered every crack. It searched out and found all that was evil, stealing them away, their cries for mercy unanswered as those they persecuted. The force took them, it placed them where all could see, a warning to those that would inflict evil upon the land again, and this is where you lie!

The pictured attached is one of those warnings, a tree with the souls of evil embedded within it, the twisted faces of the tormentors screaming to be set free. It serves as a sign, to obey the word of the land, to follow the right path, and treat others with respect and dignity.

**** on Earth!

The moral of this story is simple, treat others with respect and dignity or the day will come when you will pay the price for your poor choices.

Ciao!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an example of what happens to bad folks. Don't tell me I'm the ONLY PERSON who believes in coming back? :wink: What were you in a previous life? Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
No, you are not the only one who believes in karma and reincarnation. I am Buddhist and try to live my life according to the Dharma, but I do not see a "**** on earth in this tree." I actually see something very beautiful in the different layers of bark and the variety of colour and texture (a Birch, perhaps?). We must strive to see the beautiful in the world as evil and sadness is much easier to come by.

Someone so evil as to be reborn in the form tree and thus much farther from attaining nirvana, could not even be aware that nirvana can be attained. This is his misfortune, his "****", and he doesn't even know it. Therefore, his agony would not be present in his form.

And, just from a symbolic literary p.o.v, a tree with leaves THAT green and beautiful could not house evil within. Trees containing evil are usually represented as dead, rotting, twisted, leafless masses. This tree is shedding its bark because it is growing and still very much alive. Evil cannot embody something as good and life-affirming as a growing tree.

No, what happens to "bad folks" is much worse than being imprisoned in a beautiful tree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts