Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried Evo Cat and Kitten with Peanut and Mack because it was the only "good" brand I can get ahold of in a 13 oz can. It causes really stinky, extra soft poo for Peanut though and Mack just seem interested in it, so I'm thinking he doesn't like it either. I am wondering though, if they can't handle the Cat and Kitten, they will have trouble with the 95% varieties too? They haven't had any issues with Blue Buffalo, Nature's Choice, Wilderness, Dave's Natural and Healthy, and I haven't tried the Fromm yet, so I still have lots of options, but was hoping to find one I could get in a 13 oz can to save a little money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with EVO cat & kitten chicken formula. One of my cats was having major problems with all brands of high quality wet when I switched him from the purina dry that they fed at the shelter before I adopted him. My older cat had never had issues with any brand of high quality food, but I switched both of them to Wellness only to try to settle the kitten's digestive system. They were both doing well on Wellness, so I tried again with the EVO and had major stink problems with BOTH cats at that point. I am back to Wellness only, and although I'd like to give them more of a variety, I just can't deal with the mess and stink! :dis

As a side, Wellness does come in 13 oz cans. I can get them at my local pet store, but also order from petfooddirect. It's usually more expensive than the EVO, but still cheaper than buying the 5.5 oz cans of most high quality foods- at least in my area.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Shepherd Book had a heck of a time in the transition from purina/science diet to grain free canned. There were stinky poops, toots, and butt smears EVERYWHERE at first.

To be honest, Evo 95% STILL gives him soft poop and has him leaving butt smears around the place if I feed it everyday. I guess it's just a very rich food. He's fine if I alternate it with something else grain free.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll hold off on the Evo until the kittens get older. I am glad to hear Wellness comes in bigger cans too. My kittens love Wellness and Blue Buffalo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts