Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the difference? The ingredients and guaranteed analysis seemed very close.

The Evo (non 95%) did have chicken meal in the ingredients while the 95% did not.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The 95% has a limited protein source. (ie just duck or just beef or just turkey/chicken- ok that's 2 but that's what they mean by the 95%) I think there may be multiple meat sources in the non 95%. Look at the labels or try to google the manufacturere's page for the ingredients.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
The analysis is actually significantly different...the cat/kitten (c/k) has 12% protein while the 95% is 9%...on a dry matter basis that's a 33% increase in protein...likely due to the chicken meal.

C/K has a lower fat level corresponding to a slightly lower calorie count

95% has chicken and turkey, but nothing else while the c/k has fish, eggs, carrots, cottage cheese etc. For someone like me, that's important because Holly has an intolerance to fish.

In general, I think they're both great foods and unless you're a purist (believe cats don't need anything but animal ingredients) or dealing with an issue that makes one of the differences important, I would use both in a rotation.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The EVO 95% is only for adult cat maintenance. I made the mistake of buying that for my kitten and he loved it but found out when I e-mailed EVO it isn't made for kittens. The other EVO canned food if for both kittens and adult cats.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I gave my cat Evo venison once, he really loves it, but his poop became harder and bigger and he was severely constipated. I stopped feeding it because it seems that most protein in there is not usable for him. He was fine with cat/kitten formula but doesn't like it as much. I don't know if anyone's cat became constipated on Evo venison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts