Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in an earlier post I was going to switch my babies over to EVO - grain free dry food. It has been going great, they seem to love the taste, even though to me it stinks and makes their poo smell BAD.

My only problem now is that Tuffy has started refusing his wet food - I'm not sure why - he's always been a picky eater but has eaten wet food before, much less than Satin who hogs the stuff but now he's refusing it altogether.

Which makes me unhappy. :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
You might try the Evo wet kitten and cat regular flavor, as a complement to the Evo dry. It has basically the same ingredients as the dry, so maybe that will entice Tuffy. One problem I don't have is picky eaters, fortunately, so I can't say from experience this will work. You might also try putting some Evo dry pellets mixed in with the wet at first, to get him eating both. ANd yes, their poo will smell, but other than raw, it's the best set of ingredients I have seen, and my Fab Four do really well with it, plus Weruva and Wellness.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Evo was bought out. I think by Purina. The formula might have changed because of that. I was advised to switch my cats to Orijen when the bought out took place.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
EVO was bought out by Proctor and Gamble, not Purina. There has been no information to indicate that there have been any formula changes (either from EVO or reliable anecdotes from customers). Even if the formula did change it wouldn't have anything to do with the cat wanting to eat EVO dry over any wet food.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
EVO was bought out by Proctor and Gamble, not Purina. There has been no information to indicate that there have been any formula changes (either from EVO or reliable anecdotes from customers). Even if the formula did change it wouldn't have anything to do with the cat wanting to eat EVO dry over any wet food.
I guess you told me off! Sorry for the misinformation.
I don't think she meant to come off as sounding condescending. :patback

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Valentine's Heart....I'm sorry I was so abrupt. I wrote the post and didn't re-read before posting because I had a customer come in. I just get very irritated with "P&G is going to ruin EVO" posts. I don't want to hijack this thread, if you want to know more about why I feel that way you can PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts