Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind and how often do you exercise. I would be interested if you would state your age, sex and what exercises you do each day.

Here's me:
Age 56
Female
Monday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Tuesday - walk 3 miles in am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Wednesday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Thursday - walk 3 miles in am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Friday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Saturday - walk 3 miles am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Sunday - walk 3 miles am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
I try and throw in a moderate hike every couple of weeks if I can too.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
27/F/Kansas

Tuesday and Thursday I do the eliptical's for 1/2 hour then do some ab, arms, and legs if I feel like it. Might go on a walk in the neighborhood at night on occasion.

Sunday, I play volleyball...it's extensive enough that I call it excersize! :wink:

I don't think anyone can top your work out though....why do you work out so much? Are you in training for something? :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the only thing I am training for is - life. I just see to many people my age or younger who have not taken care of themselves and find themselves at the doctor constantly. I know I feel a lot better and look better when I exercise. I also try and eat well, I figure what fuel you put in your body makes a big difference also. I think our bodies are like cars, if you put crummy fuel in them, they won't run as well but if you keep them tuned up they will last a lot longer.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Litespeed said:
What kind and how often do you exercise. I would be interested if you would state your age, sex and what exercises you do each day.

Here's me:
Age 56
Female
Monday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Tuesday - walk 3 miles in am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Wednesday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Thursday - walk 3 miles in am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Friday - walk 3 miles in am, gym work one hour, walk 3 miles pm
Saturday - walk 3 miles am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
Sunday - walk 3 miles am, bicycle 25 - 40 miles, walk 3 miles pm
I try and throw in a moderate hike every couple of weeks if I can too.
Holy crap! 1 of your weeks = 1 of my months.

I walk about 4 miles 4 times a week, and try to do some on the weekend.

The minimum most people should do (according to the British Heart Foundation) is 30 mins BRISK walk or enough to raise your heart-rate to a constant level 3-4 times a week.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
28/F

I am overweight, and it's hard to find the motivation to go out in public and exercise. It's embarrassing. But I do get a fair amount of activity; much to my surprise, I'm in excellent health. I see the doctor very rarely and get ill perhaps once a year. My blood pressure, as of a few months ago, was 90/70. 8O I do have to be careful, however, as I have recurring tendonitis in both elbows, and I have a dodgy knee.

Anyway, here's my activity schedule:

Tuesday: Two solid hours of walking/jogging with kids and ponies at the barn, one hour of moderate-intensity riding (yay for sweating and panting!), often concludes with one hour walking as I turn out horses
Thursday: Three hours of walking/jogging at the barn, one hour of light riding, often concludes with turnout
Saturday: Three hours of walking/jogging, one hour light riding, often concludes with turnout
Sunday (not every, but many): One hour walking as I bring horses in, two hours walking as I feed/water, thirty minutes walking/hauling water buckets (which are obscenely heavy, surprisingly enough).

Wow... when I write it all down, I don't feel quite so bad about myself. :lol: None of it is deliberately structured exercise, but all of it is fairly intense. If I measured it in miles, I'd probably be shocked at the ground I cover.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Monday: sit
Tuesday: sit
Wednesday: sit
Thursday: sit
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: walk about ten miles, lift probably 30,000 or more pounds of bags in the blazing hot sun in up to 110 degree weather for twelve hours per day

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know when my husband first approached me about joining a gym, I said no, I didn't want to be seen in public. I had been doing some weights on my own at home, but not to the intensity I do now. It finally took him two years to convince me to just go into the gym and look around. Come to find out that there are people there from A to Z, all shapes and sizes. Don't feel bad about being in public and exercising. Every time I see someone out there doing something, I'm thinking - good for them for doing what they can! I have even heard of one woman who was so overweight she would only go to a cemetery to walk around. It was quiet and no people around, she ended up losing quite a bit of weight that way. If you find an activity you really can enjoy outside -- go for it, don't let other people hold you back. I just try and think "I will probably never see that person again, so who cares what they think".

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
WOW, just reading that exercise routine made me tired. I want to try a yoga class, but I am inherently lazy and have not made the step to even find one.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I jump to conclusions quite often, I rush to the fridge every commercial to see if something has magically appeared since my last trip, I climb the walls daily with these wild little twins, I sometimes rush to judgment, I go out of my mind a couple times a week (not too sure how far that is), and, just for good measure, I have been known to take a walk on the wild side. :D

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
marie73 said:
I jump to conclusions quite often, I rush to the fridge every commercial to see if something has magically appeared since my last trip, I climb the walls daily with these wild little twins, I sometimes rush to judgment, I go out of my mind a couple times a week (not too sure how far that is), and, just for good measure, I have been known to take a walk on the wild side. :D
LMAO That was brilliant :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
52/F

Yoga 3 evenings/week, 2 hrs/session. And I try to get a walk in every few nights. I've been going to yoga classes w/a girlfriend for about 3 months now -- I'm sure if I had to do it myself, I'd just sit at home. I certainly feel more agile and relaxed than before we started.

·
Registered
408 Posts
41/F/ Washington

With our crappy weather so far this year, I decided to invest in a Wii Fit, just got it last Sunday... I'm having a blast ...Here is the schedule I am going to be doing:

Mon, Wed, Fri - 1 Mile Jog, 1/2 hr of step aerobics
Tue & Thurs - Strength and Balance training

Sat & Sun ... absolutely nothing .. these are my rest days.

So far, in 3 days I have been doing it and watching what I eat and drinking tons of water, I'm down 4 pounds :) YEAH !!! Only 65 more to go !

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well I was going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours a trip with 1 hr being cardio. and now I am working too much and I mostly drive. I really want to find a pole dancing class in our area its suppose to be wonderful excersise :p

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
On a good week:
Monday - weights class
Weds - dance class
Fri - dance class
Sun - yoga and pilates

On a bad week just yoga and pilates on the Sunday!

I guess it averages out at about 2 classes per week now, whereas a few years ago I always did at least 3 classes a week.

I enjoy any kind of exercise that involves moving to music. I just can't get motivated unless there's some music playing.
Oh, but I do enjoy country walks as well - but only tend to do those when on holiday.

I'm aged 50

seashell

·
Registered
231 Posts
25/F

5.2 180lbs (looking to lose about 40 of those, lol)

Mon-Fri ~ 30 minutes elliptical, 25 situps, 25 pushups, 8 more on elliptical, another set of 25's, then another 8 minutes on the elliptical.

So roughly 45 minutes on the elliptical with 50 situp and pushup inbetween.

Sat-Sun ~ not a darn thing :wink:

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Those would apply if I had a job. :(

But I don't! I home with my girls! :D

I'd still like to run down ONE of my bosses..... :wink:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I walk up and down the stairs at work all the time (20 trips a day), I park far from the entrance to walk more, when I have time I walk around the building on my breaks/lunch.
I take the dog for a walk when I have time, if not he runs by himself.
That's it! My life is too hectic right now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts