Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Daleks have come and exfurminated my kittens...

I think I can make another cat out of it at this rate. :wolfie

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha that is so neat! Of course there is a book for making stuff out of cat hair...and of course it's by a Japanese woman. :lol:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Oh man, the furminator!! I use it mostly on B.B. because, while a short hair moggy, she has very deep pile. LOL
So, my furminator arrived a few weeks back and I grab The Beebz and run outside. B.B. HATES grooming, of any kind... ANY. But she does understand that it is necessary once in a while (in her mind lol)

There I am, in the garden, B.B. ontop the picnic table. Gently I start and WOW within seconds I have another B.B.!!! I kept unloading the teeth of the comb and these puff balls of fur aka "tumblefuzz" bouncing and flying in the garden. All over the garden! The more I combed, the more there was! I felt like Edward Scissorhands!! Then I look up and I see Belle and Sadie, bouncing along trying to catch all these tumblefuzzeyz floating and bouncing thought the air.

B.B. could then fit into her teen age collar when we finished LOL She did look a bit thinner.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've stopped using the Furminator, as it cuts the undercoat instead of removing loose undercoat. That's why there's so much hair.

The simplest of cat hair brushes, the slicker ones, never ever tear off one hair. After buying lots of different stuff, I use only that and my cats love it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It does both and THAT is exactly why I wanted it. I have a "mature" kitty lol She doesn't take the time to groom like she use to and the summer is brutal (she's all black)

I've used the slicker for years, yea, it got some hair but she has hyper sensitive skin, always has so the least amount of strokes on her skin, the better she likes it and more likely she will not put up a fight.

I'm quite satisfied with how it works on, B.B. I don't use it on the other two because they are excellent groomers, young and their coats are no where near as thick.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it cuts hair. I've tried it on my own hair hahaha. It certainly pulls pretty well, so if you do it too rough or repeatedly, normal hair could possibly get pulled out as well. My babies don't mind being furminated, it helps Billi tremendously with the shedding. Aloo does not have too much undercoat, so she does not shed as much.

What I have discovered is that their lower back and holds a lot of dead hair. Maybe those are the hard to reach spots for them.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
JB, I've observed it doesn't pull any overcoat hairs, only undercoat ones. I can even hear the plucking sound. I used it once at the onset of summer so that Prince would "shed" the heavy undercoat sooner, as he suffers from the heat.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't think it cuts hair. I've tried it on my own hair hahaha. It certainly pulls pretty well, so if you do it too rough or repeatedly, normal hair could possibly get pulled out as well. My babies don't mind being furminated, it helps Billi tremendously with the shedding. Aloo does not have too much undercoat, so she does not shed as much.

What I have discovered is that their lower back and holds a lot of dead hair. Maybe those are the hard to reach spots for them.
You're right, it doesn't actually cut any hair. It just looks like it does lol
I did some reading around about it if it "cut" any hair. The answer is , "No."
Neither does it pull any hair, (your hair probably has a few mats in it, that's why it pulled yours when you tried it ROFL omg, I'm SO kidding) that isn't the way the tool is designed. It only removes dead and loose underfur. ...by the truckload! LOL

After using it several times now, it works magnificently and while B.B. (who HATES all grooming from humans) isn't in love with it as many proclaim their cats are, she tolerates it MUCH more than any other brush, mit, comb, etc. because the strokes are slow, gentle and FEW! lol

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I use the furminator on my kitties, especially Taffy, he is wooly monster who would be a miserable mess if I didn't.

Is the Daleks a Dr. Who reference Junglibillis? My 14 year old is a Dr. Who fan, and I am starting to pick up things :) I was not sure though......

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
housefrau,
It certainly is a Dr. Who reference. I haven't seen too many, just some old ones, but the Daleks are just so funny.

strausmommy,
Ha! I haven't really heard any plucking sound with my cats. o_O

cat face,
Yes, you are right. I have matted hair! Well, I do have a long thick wavy hair that I can never brush because if I do, it poofs up my head into one gigantic hairball. :D

My kitties quite enjoy getting furminated, and they even cooperate by turning to the other side and showing belly. They do dislike their tail being combed, but I can get quite a bit of hair...so I sneak a few strokes in. Hahaha. I even go over bottom of their hind feet. When I am done, Billi is so shiny and sleek!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
oooooo pom pom hair! Mine is similar not so wavy but let me tell ya... ONE drop of moisture in the air and POOF ... big hair! So I can empathize :/

I gotta give it a little time yet. B.B. takes a looooooong time to warm up to things. I'm just chuffed she tolerates it!
Of course the space cadets love it (when I do B.B.) it's like instant par-tay for them in the garden! lol

I'll bet Billi looks like you have him waxed!! :D

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I used to use a Furminator on Zipper but after awhile she refused to let me use it and now won't even let me brush her! I think I totally turned her off! I don't know if it got dull and pulled too much or if her skin just has gotten super sensitive as she got older (like my scalp has). I don't use it anymore for that reason. It's amazing that someone thought to make a book of uses for cat hair!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts