Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an extended car warranty on their car not from the dealership? I am on the hunt for the best deal & definitely want one that is approved by the BBB & doesn't try to rip you off when you try to get something fixed. Plus the ones you get outside the dealership seem to have alot of no interest payments which can save a bit of money in the long run. If anyone knows of any good ones, that'd be great :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We've gotten them from the dealership and only on used cars.

It paid for itself on the transmission of my younger son's car - and just before the extended warranty expired. 8O

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I've always stayed away from warranties all together, on anything. There's a reason they push those so hard . . . they're a money-making extravaganza for them. Call me cynical, but you just know the minute something goes wrong with your car, they'll find a reason the warranty doesn't cover it.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Clark Howard (personal finance radio talk host) advises staying away from any third-party extended warranties. Most of them are rip-offs and many are scams.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a really good deal with Continental Warranty. They seem to be pretty legit & I just found out someone I know has used them before. Ok seriously, I never bought an extended warranty before, always got new cars with warranties on them but my bf found a really good deal on an older used car & the only thing stopping him is the warranty since it has some mileage on it. The last thing we'd want is to spend tons of money on replacing something right away :?

I figured at least 1 or 2 people would know about this but I guess not lol :lol: I'll let you guys know if it turns out ok then :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts