Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Hehehe what a cute and funny picture - you are always great about that, Petra - thanks for a good laugh :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sam and Suzy has lots of those mice, all without tails by now. They love to carry them around when they have the tail, so I don't know why they keep eating them after a while. Maybe it's just too irresistable.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cleveland has a wide selection of manx mice too :D tails are just too much to resist

·
Registered
38 Posts
My kitten has these mice as well! Little white ones and grey ones that she plays with. So far I found one chewed up, spots of fur missing. The rest of them have tails missing. I bought 15 of them, after seeing how popular they were. They're constantly disappearing. The funny thing is, if she's done playing in a particular area, she grabs a hold of the mouse, runs around with it, and drops it in another part of the house. Then the mouse chasing starts all over again.

Have to add this :)

This is the only toy that she really doesn't want other people to mess with, especially when she holds it in her mouth. She growls when your hand moves too close.

Nishi

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oooooooooooh!!! cute :D

yeah, why are they so into those small mice? they can play for hours with them!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
What a great picture!

Now are these mice any particular brand or have catnip in them? I want to get one for my cats after seeing so many other kitties enjoying them...... (I hope they like it b/c they usually don't like stuffed toys) 8)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Jinx loves 'em too, I think the tails come off from excessive wear, as this seems to be the predominate way he carries them around/attacks them.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
They are no brand in particular. They just happen to have what appears to be real fur on them. They come in an array of colors and do not contain catnip inside. Some of them have a cork like body underneath and others just plastic. A few of the ones I bought have little beans or something inside that make some noise as the cats play with them, but they don't seem to prefer one over the other. We now have them all over the house (most now are tail-less) and they will play with which ever one they cross paths with at that moment.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Cyberpet ~ what a beautiful photo. It should be in a magazine!
Your kitty is a beauty. Reminds me of my siamese I had growing
up.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I love that shot! Perfect lighting, background, everything. I'm not a photo expert but I could look at it forever. Your kitties are getting so big!! About the mice -- the ones I bought used to end up as nothing more than a mangled shell. But ever since I started buying the fuzzy ones with catnip inside (the tummy velcros shut so you can put refill pouches in) the tails have remained intact, as well as the rest of them. Lots more use out of those!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys are too kind, giving so nice compliments about my photo's and my cats. :)

Arent they getting big?!! It's amazing how fast they grow. *proud mommy*

I don't know what stuff is in those mice, not sure there's any catnips in ours. I know that the mice I buy at the pet store have something "ratteling" inside them and that is making them go crazy here. Especially when we play "fetch" and we rattle the mouse a bit, Sam and Suzy gets all worked up and then we throw it for them and they fly over people and furniture to be the first one to get to it. And then it starts over again. Today they played fetch for an hour!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts