Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my Sadie had a red eye and was squinting a lot this morning, this evening when I returned home from work her eye was much worse. She keeps pawing at it and keeps it closed most of the time. By looking online it seems like conjunctivitis, but I'm not sure. Today she has also had some greenish goop in her eye. She seems fine otherwise, and eats like always. She does seem very needy this evening though. She just looks so pitiful. I am gonna try some Apple Cider Vinegar on the back of her neck...has anyone had any luck with that and does it appear like conjunctivitis?

k 091.jpg

k 090.JPG

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If it doesn't clear up by Monday I would take her to the Vet. I had the same issue with Egypt and it turned out to be a Feline Herpes flare-up from a URI. She got some eye ointment and antibiotics to fend off secondary infections. I started giving her L-lysine as part of her regular diet and she has not had a flare-up for 5 months now.

As far as the organic ACV, I tried that as well. At first, it seemed to be helping, but it did not get rid of it entirely. After a couple of days of her smelling like an old rancid sock, her eye got progressively worse and I saw that meds were necessary. Looking back on it, I should have bypassed the ACV altogether and just taken her to the Vet immediately. Thank goodness she made a full recovery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts