Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
With Boo and Drizzle, they tried to eat each other's paws under the door. :lol:

I did some Boo in the carrier/Drizzle outside time. She growled. Hissed. But could not "get" him. He was curious. He remembered Brothers and Sisters and was like "Hi! Wanna play?"

Just take it slow and easy. It takes time. Maybe move Diablo's bowls a foot or just 6 inches each day to gradually get them closer to New Kitty's door. Likewise with New Kitty's bowls towards the door. Also you may want to switch them for a little bit. A family member and Diablo in New Kitty's room for a bit, an hour or so, and let New Kitty run around and explore the house. We did this with Driz and Boo. Switched them back and forth.

Be patient. It takes time. Lots of time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also, don't get involved in dominance. My sister was insistant that Boo was the Dominant Cat as she was older, larger, and there first. That's not how it ended up. Drizzle was smaller, quicker, and more recently experienced with other cats. He took dominance slowly but surely. Though it took my Sis quite some time to give in and realize we don't control who is dominant, they duke it out themselves. Now? Drizzle has "first dibs" and Boo doesn't fight it. If he wants a drink, he's going to take it. She waits. When we tried to keep it even (IE when Sis tried to help Boo be dominant :wink: ) it back-fired and he asserted himself more and more. He choose what food bowls he ate from. What litter box he used. Where he went. Boo recognized the order of things. It may switch back someday. No one knows. Just don't get involed. It's not up to you. One cat is always going to be dominant. :roll: Silly, but true.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts