Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My friends and I are big fans of the new Netflix docu-series 'Narcos.' It explores the rise of Pablo Escobar and his smuggling empire, contrasted against the story of the law enforcement agents that worked to bring him to justice. It's very well done and it really hits its stride around the fifth episode. I would recommend it to fans of crime dramas. I really like that most of it is shot in the actors'/actresses' native Spanish as opposed to English. Overall it's worth watching.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I enjoy Once Upon A Time, Orange is the New Black, Master Chef, The Fosters, Switched at Birth... and my guilty pleasure is Dance Moms!

If you are looking for something to watch on Netflix you should try Buffy- oldie but it's awesome!

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Fear the Walking Dead..... yay or nay?

I think it has potential. I'm a bit miffed they didn't air one this past holiday weekend...

Since I don't have cable I have to buy the Amazon Season pass if it's a show that isn't on Hulu (if I want to watch them now instead of waiting a year for Netflix to get it). FtWD is pretty affordable. The SD season pass was only 12.00 and I had 5.00 left from an old gift card sitting on Amazon so... woohoo.

They did raise the price of TWD to 30.00 this season (last season I paid 27.00).

C'mon October!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Hi MowMow!
I'm getting into, Fear the Walking Dead! It definitely has potential!
And it helps to kill some time, till The Walking Dead starts!:p
S.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Hi Paul! The Walking Dead is graphic...just a heads up!
The story tho' is awesome! It's actually a psychological study into humans, and how you would survive!
Start with season one!:)
Sharon

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
A new season of The Chase is starting on G.S.N. Habit-forming television. Labbet IS a beast, but you get the feeling that if you bone up, and play hard, you can win.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
My mom loves that show Kurt. I don't see it much, but when I watch it with her, I really enjoy it too. And like you say, I think he can be beaten. But he's amazing.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Grandfathered was ridiculous. Bad show.

On the other hand, Grinder was surprising very likable and well-acted.

I think my favorite brand new show so far is definitely Limitless. I haven't watched the second episode of Blind Spot yet, that may have potential.

Quantico was good, but I don't like the back-and-forth between timelines.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Sorry, I've never seen the show.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
'WD' Season 6, I think, is off to a 'Kick A**' season!!:D

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
The end.... definitely left me wanting more. Gah!!! I don't want to wait until next MONDAY to find out what the horn was!

ETA: I got up to episode 3 of Fear the Walking Dead and wasn't that impressed. It was OK, but not as compelling as the original. Until tonight :p When I wanted more Walking Dead. I'm catchup on on FtWD now. :p

ETA (AGAIN): It's been a TV Catch Up weekend for me. Friday/Saturday I watched American Horror Story: FReakshow. The most recent season that Netflix added. It was GREAT!!! I've likd every season so far. Saturday/Sunday I watched Arrow, Season 3. That caught me up just in time to watch Hulu's season 4 premiere from last Wednesday. Monday (Yay for Indigenous People's Day) caught up on the Season premiere of SVU, Sleepy Hollow, and Reign (some has the first two episodes).

Added bonus, Hulu now offers a commercial free experience (for more $$ of course).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also a fan of Once upon a time, and Quantico - there is so much mystery surrounding the main character, it's killing me that they reveal so little of her backstories each episode!

My other guilty pleasures are: The Good Wife, Downton Abbey, How to Get Away with Murder, Big Bang Theory, and Law & Order SVU! (I'm such a couch potato)

I can't handle the zombie themes, so I never got into the Walking Dead :(

P.S. I liked Heroes season 1, it killed itself in season 2-4. I'm still figuring out whether I like Heroes Reborn.

Another one I am looking forward to is Supergirl, we need more female heroines!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I enjoy Scorpion, Gotham, Blindspot, and Quantico. I watch Big Bang Theory even tho it is reruns mostly. I really enjoyed Orange is the New Black when I had Netflix - watched all of the episodes in a long weekend. I also watched Louie when I had Netflix. Haven't seen Grandfathered but I like Stamos. I saw Limitless and enjoyed it. Will probably watch again.

I have only air TV now and I get about 15 good channels (trying to cut down on expenses and the indoor antenna was only 40 bucks at Walmart) and I was absolutely stunned how fantastic my picture is -- I have a flat screen HD/smart TV and with cable I didn't have many HD channels, but now - my goodness!

I saw a couple of episodes of Last Man on Earth - stupid.

I don't have internet at home either, since I have a smart phone, so if I want to get online I bring my laptop to Panera Bread, get a $2 iced tea, and hang out for a couple of hours surfing. I didn't think I could survive without cable and internet at home, but it's surprisingly easy to adjust. I save over $150/month now.

·
Banned
243 Posts
I love the Muppets! Hope they stay on TV!
And Once Upon A Time...Major Crimes
Also Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Blacklist...Big Bang is always good for a laugh...Limitless is so-so.
The verdict is still out about Limitless and Quantico.

I have been watching/DVRing a lot of PBS Shows.
Father Brown Mysteries, Inspector George Gently, Call of the Midwife, HomeFires, Indian Summer.

I absolutely fell in love with Poldark!

Yes, these are a lot of shows. I am currently not working. I do watch TV at night. During the day, music is playing. I am not a football fan, so I keep these shows on my DVR and catch up with them on Sundays or whenever the football games are on. I also watch them periodically when there is nothing good on commercial TV.

I saved the entire last season of Major Crimes and will watch it at a later date.

Sundays is the day when I hang around the house and not do anything, so I can catch up on my shows then. Some of these shows are are not showing with the ON DEMAND option from Comcast Cable. That is why I tape them. Also, there is a time limit for how long they stay "On Demand". They are also on at the same time.

Just to clarify: I do not sit around all day watching TV. I go out daily, play with and take care of Artie, do the housework, and all the other things. I also go in spurts where I do not watch any TV. At those times, I either read or do some coloring.

I have been known to keep an entire season on my DVR, in order to watch at a later time. I currently have the last 2 seasons of Downton Abbey on my DVR!!

I also get snowed in during the winter, so the DVR (if we have power) comes in handy. I also have a lot of old movies to watch..

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I got rid of cable years ago. I use Netflix and Hulu. During viewing season i'll pay the higher Hulu fee for commercial free then back it down to the cheaper on off season.

I have the cheapest internet connection available which stays around 40.00 a month.

I DID pay for season passes on Amazon for both Walking Dead series since TMC isn't partnered with Hulu and NO way do I want to wait for those on Netflix.

I see to pay for World of Warrant each month, but now that you can pay your sub with in game tokens purchased with in game gold, I'm set for more than a year (prepaid).

So monthly I pay roughly 60.00 a month for TV/ internet. More than I like but I justify it by only paying 35.00 a month for my cell plan (unlimited talk, text, data).

Longmire is another amazing show that I love. Also, Orange is the New Black is freaking awesome!

I'd love to spend all day on the couch with the boys but..... work interferes. I usually catch upcom TV watching on the weekends. Saturday while I clean, Sundays after church are couch time for me. It would take dynamite to blast me put of the house then.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
I have been known to keep an entire season on my DVR, in order to watch at a later time.
I've done that twice, and both times my DVR died and I lost ALL my recordings. :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts