Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I really didn't think I could love again after the loss of my feline friend, Floyd, of 13 years, I think I'm falling head over heels for my new Aby/Tabby kitty. I adopted him from a local Humane Society, and he's just a gem. Quite the lap kitty, too. Whenever I'm on my computer, he INSISTS on being on my lap, and he just snoozes the whole time.

He's a wonderful addition to my home, and my 8-yr. old, Jack, seems to enjoy his company now, too. I was worried that he might be resentful, since Jack and Floyd were so close, but it's working out well. Tom is pretty rambunctious, but Jack takes it all in stride.

Tom has been a blessing, and he's given me new hope and although I miss Floyd very much, I feel that Tom is filling a void that was left when Floyd passed.

Gosh, I love my kitties! When I see them all comfy cozy on my sofa or curled up on my lap, I wonder how anyone could NOT find it in their heart to have a few in their own home. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.catforum.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2221

Thanks for letting me ramble,

Lisa :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Tom is a cutie!! Good to hear he and Jack are getting along. :)
It is very hard to believe that there are people out there who don't like cats.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Cutie pies both Tom and Jack!! RIP Floyd, but he'd be happy to know you were able to make room for another needy kitty in your heart.

I know exactly how you feel, I look at my little guys and all this love just wells up in me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts