Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few months back, my mom lost one of her two girls, Sookie. I posted it in the Rainbow Bridge forum. Mom has been down in the dumps about it in addition to job issues. Sadie has also been suffering, crying in the night general malaise and other things that go along with a 15 year old kitten losing her sister. So I called my mom the other day and she said she was cuddling with her two brand new 2 month old kitten sisters! They were adopted from the local animal shelter. The vet said they're two months but they might have been a little younger Oh My goodness they're SOOO CUTE!! And, the best news, after a week or two of hissing with a not quite proper introduction, Sadie actually licked little Susie Q today! AND Katie played with her tail without her hissing! So happy for mom and dad and all their girls : ) I wanted to share some pictures.
Ladies and Gentlemen! Susie Q and Katie : )

·
Registered
159 Posts
How exciting! Congratulations to ALL! Was this a surprise from you to your Mom? If so, what a sweet gesture! I bet they are having such fun with the new additions. Losing a pet is so difficult.. it helps to have a distraction, especially when that distraction is giving a home to kitties in need!

Your photos are gorgeous, by the way! Love em' showing off how gorgeous the kittens are themselves.

So glad you shared with us!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh My Cat! They are adorable. I am sure they will help mom cope with her loss. The black and white kitties remind me of my Oreo when she was little.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
that's so wonderful!

wow. that is awesome! i hope you post pics of Sadie taking care of Susie Q and Katie, too, sometime.

there is no better way to fill the hole of sadness than with an abundance of more love!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was actually a surprise to me that mom and dad adopted them. After christmas time with a disastrous visit with my boys not getting along well with her girls, they had told me they weren't going to get any more kitties while Sadie was around. She was very stressed about the situation.
I'm hoping my mom will send some pictures of them cuddling and being adorable. It sounds like there's still hissing here and there but for not doing a proper introduction, they're doing extremely well. I think it helps that Sadie was lonely and they're so tiny they aren't as threatening as my boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts