Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have two cats with sensitive stomachs. Like many cats they dont do well with food with lots of corn and wheat. I feed them blue buffalo limited ingredients dry food, and as a treat I give them the fancy feast appetizers chicken flavor(since it has no corn or wheat) in the evening. They beg for it every night.

Lately I have been having a tough time finding the chicken flavor and they dont like any other flavor. I know I can find it online, but stores locally(Giant, Mars) are not carrying it anymore. Does anyone know if they are discontinuing this flavor? anyone else who uses it having trouble finding it?

I have tried the chicken and beef flavor but my one cat is isnt having any of that.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Have you tried chicken flavor in some of the canned no-grain brands, e.g. Wellness? FF I've heard referred to as "kitty crack" as the enhanced flavor seems to addict them. I usually keep a couple of cans on hand, just in case one of mine's appetitie goes off and isn't eating as much as I think s/he should.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Weis markets has it - don't know if you have them around there - I know because they always are out of the Flaked Tuna ones which my Tuffy adores! He refuses the chicken ones. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jan, I dont have wiess close to my house, but next time I am near one I will check. I have the same issue where cats will only eat the one flavor as well. thanks

catloverami- thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if I have tried wellness, but will give it a shot.

I have tried sevral other brands of grain free wet, but my female is very picky and just turns up her nose. The male eats anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts