Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halifax has been having loose stools on and off (mostly after having a stressful day at the vet) but he has become much more regular after the initial stress of moving in wore off. At least his poop is no longer very watery - it's more solid - now a'days I actually see solid poop a lot more... good signs.

However... he still farts... like... a lot. I can hear his little tummy bubbling almost all the time. He burps or hicups (sp?) as well. I'm concerned that he might be allergic to something in his food... when I took him to the vet she never found anything wrong with him as far as his belly was concerned - and we have removed all paracites internally and externally.

I also never feed him milk - so that can't be it. I'm worried that it might be his diet - we feed him science diet right this moment - and currently waiting for a chance to get Wellness (have to make a long trip to get it). I know he has had problems with his belly ever since he was younger - or the breeder would have never sugested that we give him pepto.

I'm just worried - any advice?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try natural remedies

Hi:

I've heard from some folks that Science Diet gives their pet gas. Also, when I have a cat with intestinal problems I try to go the natural route and not give Pepto as one vet told me it was not good for the cats overall. Plain vanilla yogart is good. Also, accidophilus can be given a couple of times a day. Try taking him off of solid food for 24 hours. Just give him some clear chicken broth (Swanson low fat, low sodium). If he'll eat plain boiled chicken, give him a little of that with some rice. Try getting some Science Diet I/D (can). That's the prescription diet for intestinal problems and is very good at correcting them. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts