Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So my female cat Stella seems to have a round belly...Her brother Toby eats way more than her but he looks very muscular and lean built. She is fair sized but her belly is pretty round. Is it possible she's just chunky? Or should I be worried.

She eats and plays and drinks lots of water (to be fair she eats only dry food as she's picky..but we are working on it) and she doesn't seem to mind belly rubs or me touching her stomach but it does feel a little hard to the touch and I really don't think she eats all that much.
I also noticed that when we play she gets out of breathe quite easily and starts panting a bit and lays down. I try to get her moving more and more but is it possible she's just lazy?? (She is about 10-11 months old)

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
What your describing is not normal for a cat of her age. She needs to see a vet. Might be as simple as worms, but could be something serious.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
She needs to be checked out by a vet....getting out of breath easily is not normal, and could be a heart problem. Hope not, also maybe because she is overweight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts