Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!
So my fat tabby Nena has this weird brown stain on the fur around her vagina. She's fixed. I looked up some symptoms...but I don't know if it's anal leakage or of something is seriously wrong. Has anyone else had this problem with their overweight cat?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Fat cats often can't clean themselves properly, because all of the extra weight restricts their ability to reach around to their hind end. As a result, they can develop urine burn and general filth in the area. They are also more prone to impacted anal glands and urinary tract diseases. If Nena seems at all uncomfortable or if she appears to be having any trouble urinating, if she scoots her hind end on the floor, or if there is an unpleasant odor or irritated skin around her anal/vaginal area, you should get her to the vet. You should also be cleaning her with a warm, wet cloth after she uses the litterbox.

And, of course, you should be working on taking off her extra weight.

Laurie

·
Registered
66 Posts
^ As well as above, brown discharge as you describe is usually seen with pyo cases. While she is spayed, and should not be susceptible to it, sometime tissue gets left behind and the same infection can occur.

Vet for me personally to rule out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts