1 (10) ounce can of mushrooms, drained

1 cup chopped onion

1 1/2 cup chili sauce

2 tablespoons all purpose flour

1/2 cup cold water

1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans/ cooked and drained

1 (8 ounce) package (about 3 cups) egg noodles cooked and drained

Prep

1. Cut steak into strips. Heat 3 tablespoons of butter or marg in a large skillet
over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; saute unitl tender, about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.

2. Add remaining butter or marg to skillet. Add steak.
Saute for 5 minutes or until brown on all sides.
Add chili sauce. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until meat is tender.

3. Blend flour with cold water. Stir into skillet. Cook, stirring continually,
until mixture comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat; return mushroom and onion to skillet.

4. Add green beans to skillet; mix well. Heat to serving temperature; do not boil.

Serve over hot buttered noodles..

Serves 6

Its really good...

·
Registered
858 Posts
ooo thanx menag, went to the site, first recipe is something I like right off, feta and sun dried tomatoes. I started a thread once about cooking, I think it was something like "who likes to cook" ? I do not like to cook but the problem is my husband loves to eat...so I won't be getting rid of the stove too soon.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
An easy recipe? Here's one I like for the crockpot (aka slow cooker :wink: ) -- doesn't get much easier than this:

6 chicken breast halves
1 bottle good-quality barbecue sauce
1/2 cup white wine

Put everything in the crockpot and set to low for 8 hours. When done, shred the chicken with two forks and stir into the sauce.

You can use this mixture for different dishes:

Pulled chicken sandwich -- put on a sandwich roll and top with coleslaw

Barbecue chicken pizza -- Top a pizza crust with chicken, cheddar cheese and bits of bacon. After baking, sprinkle with chopped green onions.

Or invent your own. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I did eat meat the chicken crockpot recipe was one of my favorites :)

Kraft kitchen has a website you can visit. Once you sign up they will send you recipes periodically, too.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yes, sign up for Kraft and Campbells. Kraft has a free quarterly magazine that you can subscribe to that has tons of recipes in it.

Here's one of mine:

Tilapia (fish) Packets

Heat oven to 400.
Take a sheet of foil and put about a teaspoon of olive oil on it.
Place a thawed tilapia fillet on the foil and season it with whatever on both sides( I use lemon pepper and Tony Chachere's)
Dump some frozen broccoli or other frozen veggies on it. Add a little more seasoning on the veggies.
Close up the foil and make a little packet with it.

Place on cookie sheet or whatever, bake for 15 minutes.
Check the fish at this point and if it is done it will flake easily with a fork. If still a little raw, stick it back in for a few more minutes and check again.

I think this is about 3 Weight Watchers points or less. I only add the olive oil because I was in WW and thats one of the daily things they want you to have. But you can skip it if you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts