Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently read Cat Sense by John Bradshaw, and I adored it. It was fascinating to learn the natural history of cats, and to find out why Reese has some of the behaviors she does.

What's your favorite book about cats? Also, are there any nonfiction cat books you'd recommend for young readers?

Maddy:kittyball

·
Registered
40 Posts
I recommend The Good, The Bad, and The Furry by Tom Cox. It's written about the author's life and his humorous cats. I enjoyed it a lot!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recently read Cat Daddy by Jackson Galaxy. It was a decent read more about Jacksons journey in life to become the cat man he is. Also has cat tips through out the book. May not be suitable for younger readers since it contains information about Jacksons struggles with food and drug abuse.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently read Cat Daddy by Jackson Galaxy. It was a decent read more about Jacksons journey in life to become the cat man he is. Also has cat tips through out the book. May not be suitable for younger readers since it contains information about Jacksons struggles with food and drug abuse.
That sounds great. Sounds like a book I could definitely get into. Thanks for letting me know about it!

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I really liked (and recommend) Cat vs Cat by Pam Johnson Bennett, for people attempting to integrate and find peace in multi-cat households.

In terms of the nonfiction "feel good" cat stories (like what Marley and Me is to dogs), I highly recommend A Snowflake in My Hand by Samantha Mooney and Cleo by Helen Brown.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I loved "The Good the Bad and the Furry" as well. In part becasue it wasn't preachy ion tone which so many are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, thank you, everyone! These all sound great. I'm excited to look them up. It's great to have a nice, long reading list of cat books!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I LOVED Homer's Odyssey, by Gwen Cooper. Wonderful book about the author and her life with her cats...they really went through a lot. It's especially hard to recommend this book, as Homer recently died...may he RIP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I LOVED Homer's Odyssey, by Gwen Cooper. Wonderful book about the author and her life with her cats...they really went through a lot. It's especially hard to recommend this book, as Homer recently died...may he RIP.
Thank you for the link, the book looks great! What a lovely tribute to a cat who sounds amazing. It's nice knowing the book will keep his memory alive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.