Cat Forum banner

Fear Agression At The Vets

801 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  marie73 
#1 ·
Help! My cat is loves strangers coming to our house, she's loves going to other people's houses, and she's fine riding on the crowded bus, but she freaks out at the vet's office. At the vet's office she becomes VERY aggressive. We've tried 2 different vet's and we're just now leaving the 2nd one close to tears. We've basically been told that we have a dangerous/ abnormally agressive cat, but she's so good with people everywhere, at all times, except the vet's office. We have a theory that maybe she has an issue with all of the other animals and their smells, as she was a single orphan, and we/our friends don't have any other pets. She gets freaked out by the neighbor's cats when they try to visit her at the window. We just don't know for sure.

What can we do to make the visits less stressful?

#2 ·
I think your theories are correct.

I'm surprised your vet didn't suggest having your cat take an anti-anxiety pill before her next vet visit, rather than effectively banning her.

My sister uses a vet service that comes to her home. It doesn't cost much more than a regular vet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.