1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is up to the February Challenge?

Forget-The French-Fries-February!!

......except for Fridays......

Also, throw in another challenge of your own, such as having only ONE cup of caffeine a day or limit your intake of Swedish Fish!

Please also continue along with January's Challenge if you feel extra ambitious!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55584

....Stay tuned for March's Challenge! It is TBD so please submit ideas if you have any....

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
No French fries? Thats a toughie ....

Chocolate I can do without, but French fries? :?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I can give up French Fries, but would not have been able to do the chocolate. The one cup of coffee a day thing would never work either.
I think I will give up french fries and cookies. That will be difficult but not impossible.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah !!! NO Fries !!!! This will be a good one, but I'm going to extend it to No FRIED food at all !!!

I am finally back at the gym after my surgery and working out 4-5 days a week to get my "swelly" belly to go away and lose the 4 pounds I gained back over the past 6 weeks.

I'm also going to cut out all SODA and up my water intake to at least 1 gallon of water per day.

Good Luck everyone !!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
October said:
As an idea for March, how about no cheese for an entire month? I don't honestly think I could do that, but it would be fun to try.
No cheese??? I'm a cheese-aholic. If this does become March's challenge, I'll sit that one out. I'm still thinking about February's challenge. As for January's challenge, I wouldn't have lasted an hour.

·
Banned
439 Posts
gosh, this forum needs a nutritionist badly :lol:

high cocoa chocolate and low fat cheese are HEALTHY foods in moderation.

I eat 3oz of half skim mozzarella cheese every other day as part of a healthy diet.

typical French fries are a diet devil and should be avoided,
just as much because of the processed potatoes, than the frying alone.

Fried food can be fine, depending on the oil and fry methods used.

·
Banned
439 Posts
3oz is 1/5th of a pound brick you find in most grocery stores for $4.
it's no larger than the size of a single piece of chicken or hamburger.
I eat it as the main protein replacement, with beans, rice, pasta, etc.

Mom's know plain 1oz mozzarella sticks make excellent snacks for their kids.

anyway, best of luck with french fry avoidance.
I can't remember the last time I even ate them,
or potatoes, for that matter...

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
February's on! :D

French fries only show up on our plates when we happen to be traveling and stop at the In-N-Out burger place
- and nowadays, traveling is extremely rare :roll: . Actually, I take that back - Jamie is still getting to go places once a month with his Scout troop but Hubby and I are in lock-down due to $$! Oh well.

Chocolate was not even conceivable last month, but French fries will be easy...

How about pizza for March?
We don't have pizza delivered, but I do buy Trader Joes' pizzas that you bake at home, I would love the incentive to stop getting those for a while...

Fran

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I can go without French fries forever. Disgusting little thin bits fo grease soaked potato.

Now CHIPS would be impossible.

·
Registered
515 Posts
March should be a no Potato Chip month, or a no Pizza month.
Both would be a difficulty for me.
As for French Fries, no problem.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Fran said:
February's on! :D

French fries only show up on our plates when we happen to be traveling and stop at at In-N-Out burger place
-
Fran

You have In-N-Out?!?!?!?!?! I miss that restaurant!!!!!!

I will do the no french fries since the only time I ever eat them is when I cave and eat McDonalds.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Feb should be easy as I don't like fries that much. At least not any more. Jan has been tough, I broke down a couple of times but they were at the end of the month, (last week and this week) do I didn't really complete the month. Oh well.

I vote NO for the no pizza march. Pizza is my fav besides steak and there is no way I can give it up!! LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts