Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Hachi some Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw - wanting to switch to it from Wellness cans.

Calorie content is 125kcal\oz - this means 1250 calories per ounce right?

Then approx. 20-25 calories per pound - Hachi should be getting about 300 calories. 1/4 ounce (7g) is about 312 calories then?

Well I measured that out and 7g of this food is only about 8-9 pellets. That seems like such a tiny amount! I was giving him about double that to see if he would eat it and he chomps it down and still wants more. Previously he would barely finish an entire can of Wellness (5.5oz) in a day and that had less calories.

Am I doing my math right?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If that's the case here, one bag would be only 1500 calories - about 5 days worth of food?

$21 for 5 days of food? That doesn't seem right either.. or if it is right, I made a pretty bad switch.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
That sounds about right. When I looked at it for MowMow I calculated he would need something ridiculous like just over 9 bags per month. Too rich for my paycheck.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
0ozma-
I know that Stella & Chewy is so darn expensive, that's why I only use them as treats or sometimes as a bit of a "topper" on their raw food. Sometimes kitties need some motivation to eat, so I use it. But yeah, I don't use them as their meal, it's way too pricey!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts