Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that while eating if a cats whiskers touch the sides of a smaller dish it hurts, therefore you should only feed them from a bigger or wider dish, I have never noticed that my cat had a problem with this. I am asking because my favorite dish to feed her in is smaller in size. Thanks, Deni

·
Registered
560 Posts
Feeding cat in a bowl is fine - it doesn't hurt their whiskers - if that were true - touching their whiskers would be painful to them.

I would, however, recomend the bowl be made out of metal - whatever the shape.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Plastic not good

the food bowls should be metal or ceramic as plastic harbor bacteria and cats tend to develop chin acne eating out of plastic.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I would actually stick with glass or ceramic and skip plastic and metal. Metal can hold a charge and kitty could get shocked.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Never had that happen

I never had that happen with 5 aluminum water bowls. But then again, I don't have carpet and that may be the key.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone seen those dishes you use to pour oil and spices on to dip bread into? They are small, white, and ceramic witha small lip around the edge. Mycats get 1/4 c each meal time and they work perfectly for that amount. They are more like a plate than a bowl, I guess. But they seem to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts