Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my furry little friends are comming home to us today - 2 kittens.

They have been eating milk and some food. We went shopping and bought some canned food for them, but what do you recomend and is milk a good thing for them?

While your at it - chime in with what kinda kitty litter you use too. Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Is it just regular moo juice or kitten milk? Cats can get upset tummies on cows milk.
I might be wrong but I think you avoid clumping litter with young kittens incase they eat it. I'd also check your food is for kittens as they need a higher protein content.

Am I right guys? Not sure if that advice is right :?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I wouldn't serve milk at all. Kittens only need their mothers milk, no other milk. It's better to have them get used to drink water.

When it comes to food it's better to start off with the food the previous owner fed them. Fast switches in food can cause upset tummies and that's not a good start. However you can gradually switch them to the food you want to feed them. I recommend raw or canned food.

When it comes to litter I would start with non-clumping litter. Kittens tend to eat litter and the clumping litter may cause damage to the intestines, but you'll soon know if your kittens like no nibble at the litter or not. If they don't, go ahead and buy clumping litter the next time. I personally think clumping litter is better than non-clumping.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I agree with Sol...as far as litter choices I just bought Worlds Best Litter. Its a clumping litter but safe for kittens. Its an all natural litter made from grounded corn kernels so if kitties take a taste it wont harm them and its also flushable...So far I'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Forgot to add, pictures are a must :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts