Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've figured out a way to get Chinchilla to eat without having to chase her around the room and keep Peanut away from it. It occurred to me today, after being out to lunch with a friend. My SO and I put Peanut in his carrier because we have a window to repair and we can't trust that he won't break it and get outside. We put out Chinchilla's uneaten wetfood also. When we got back, we discovered that the food was all gone. This is a first in a while that she has eaten all of her food. She is still bony, and I still have to assist feed her, but this tells me that the problem is that Peanut and she cannot eat at the same time. Without the option to feed them in separate rooms, I think the only solution would be to feed Peanut in the morning, and Chinchilla at night, when Peanut is in his carrier.

Is this a good idea?

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
No...cats should have a minimum of 2 meals a day.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
No, it's a better idea to feed them both 2 or 3 times a day and lock them both in separate rooms until they are done. It will ease her stress and keep you from having to constantly chase Peanut away.

Book eats in the bathroom with the door shut and MowMOw eats in the kitchen. When MowMow is finished (the slower eater) I open the bathroom door and let Book out.

If she's that thin and you have to assist feed her, I would be offering her bits of food (a tablespoon) every hour or so that your home..... but that's just me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Couldn't you feed one in the carrier and one outside the carrier? You don't have a room with a door you could put one in like the above suggestion? I do the same thing, put Miley in the bathroom with the door shut until she's finished eating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts