Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thrilled that Zoe is now out and exploring the house...I'm a little worried that he won't eat. He took a few licks of his food, but then he just walked away like, "I'll pass." What should I do? :???:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Find out whatever he was eating at the shelter and give him that

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Are you leaving the food out so he can come back to it? I've found a lot with Murphy that he may pass on food initially, but if I leave it out he'll come back to it later. Maybe it's about wanting privacy while eating....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Marcie had the same problem for the first few days in our home. After almost three days she started eating and now will beg for extra food if she's still hungry and steal from our kitten.

Maybe if the behavior doesn't resolve soon a vet visit should be considered...just to be sure.

I hope your cat settles in okay!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Milky is like that too on the odd ocassion. He enjoys grazing once in a while, but will generally finish 80-90% of his meal. He enjoys leaving a bit so he can go back for a "quick bite" every now and again in between playing!! I'm sure you'll find that Zoe has an eating pattern soon enough. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm happy to report that he is eating and walking around freely. We plan to take him off of the FRISKIES gradually and put him on NUTRO Natural Choice. He only nibbles the Friskies...reminds me of the dog we used to have. He'd nibble that grocery store bought food, but as soon as we put him on Nutro...it was like he discovered steak for the first time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts