Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a bit of tummy trouble with my kittens, I have been finally getting good solid stools with them on Pets at Home Purely cat food (mostly the puches but they have finally taken to eating the Scrummy Yummy 90% dense pate if you mix in some of the jelly to moisten it a bit more)

Due to the recent change in the Purely range I have decided to introduce some Bozita into their diet, due to its high meat content. Today I got it and today the kittens had two meals, each consisting of half a Scrummy Yummy tin and 1/4 of a Bozita Rabbit tetrapack. Both were absolutely scoffed down.

So each kitten today has had 1 Purely Scrummy Yummy tin and half a Bozita rabbit tetrapack.... and I just went to the litterbox and ACK we had one softish poo and one runny poo Have I introduced the food too fast? I am really hoping I can get their tummys settled on Bozita as I really want them on a high quality high meat content diet or is it normal when making food changes to experience a day or two of runny?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It's not unusual to see soft/runny stools for a day or so after changing diet. I'd stick with what your doing and wouldn't be concerned unless the problem continues for more than a few days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts