Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very guilty but also for once complelty rested .

The past two weeks the monsters .. oops I meant kittens , Tyson and little baby ginger now named Mike , have alsmost driven me back to drink at night.

The crunch came the night before last ... The spent most of the night playing soccor with my dogs two METAL food bowls ... ( i have tiled floors) and when I eventually picked up said food bowls , they turned their attention to fiddling around with the dogs very large METAL water dish ... twice I got up and cleaned up water .. they harrasssed the dogs ALL night making poor ol monty whimper ..... they jumped on the fish tank and somehow the lid landed IN the tank causing an unholy mess.

Anyhow yesterday I walked around like a zombie threatening to rehome the pair of them .. and last night I took them , their toys etc and locked them up in my spare room ..... peace .... I slept like a baby.

So until such time that they are older and behave better at night , they will sleep in the spare room . :?

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
Don't feel guilty, Carol. My twins go to bed every night in their room. I've tried twice to let them stay up, but it was an exercise in futility! They have their toys, food, water, cat trees and EACH OTHER, so they're cool with it, thank goodness. But seriously, even if they wanted out, Mommy needs to sleep! And my big girls need some twin-free time, too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the level of chaos in the kitchen this am was far more tolerable :)

The adult cats had peace and could eat in peace .... tyson has a sensitive tummy and CANT eat adult food , and feeding time with him is like er.....

They are a pair of little monsters ... :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Carol, let's hope they don't figure out how to rattle the doorknob, because that is REALLY annoying, trust me!!!

Marie, I think it's a calico thing...I don't remember how old your girls are, but my calico had to stay in the spare room (aka, cat room) at night and when I wasn't home til she was almost 1 year old, because I was afraid she would either: 1. Accidentally kill herself. 2. Accidentally kill another cat. 3. Accidentally burn the house down. "Cat-proofing" was not enough. Luckily now she is 2-and-a-half and acts like Little Miss Priss, which I prefer over the Holy Terror! :)

Karie

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
Karie, they're a year and a half old! They're okay when I'm not home, but not while I'm trying to sleep! :D Still wild, which I like most of the time! When they're chasing each other or lying in wait to pounce, it cracks me up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It sounds like you are doing the right thing. Kit is ok most of the time but usually a couple of times a night she meows for attention, she gets quite lonely. This morning I had to come down stairs and slept on the sofa because Kit decided she would keep calling me, so I went to see her and she just rolled on her back for a belly rub and purred lol! Sometimes I don't know what gets into her. x

·
Registered
981 Posts
dont feel bad! Im about to start locking munchkin in a room at night bc she keeps banging on the closet door wanting in it so she can get on the shelves to knock everything off.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
One night I was alone in the house and almost asleep when I heard the bedroom door rattle. To reassure myself that no one had come into the house, I looked at the crack under the door where some light from the hall shone in. I was horrified to see that there was someone there! I knew my son wasn't home yet, so I picked up the bedside phone and tried to decide whether to call 911. (I know; by the time I made up my mind, whoever it was could have broken the door down!) I was truly frightened, and then I saw something reach under the door, as if to retrieve something.

Yes, it was my precious Pixe, my black cat. :? She had changed her mind and wanted to sleep with me. It's a good thing I loved her so much. We spent the night together, under the covers, with Pixie purring...as if she hadn't scared the bejeepers out of her mommy! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts