Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much puts my questions out there.

I've researched enough to know that raw (done right) is best. Not an option here (for the sake of avoiding helpful, have you thought about..., the reality is that household human medical issues make it an impossibility).

Any specific concerns with this food? I really appreciate the larger cans, coupled with a wonderful set of airtight silicone covers this is really working well for us - kinda makes me feel like the other shoe is waiting to drop.
Wellness core dry is part of their diet - every few days and as treats. The older girl (Moxie) tooted like crazy when we first got her last spring and going grain free was a HUGE help for her and based on what I had read then I got BabyKitty to go right off the Hill's SD and onto the other when we brought her home in December.

Sorry for rambling. Just wondering if anyone has input/experience with this food?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
One thing that I have noticed, and I know a few friends who have noticed this as well, is that cats tend to drink more water than normal after eating the Felidae Grain Free canned. These are cats who are fed all canned food - and we think it is because the Felidae Grain Free has to much salt added.

That being said I do feed it to Nightmare though with the huge rotation I am feeding it means he gets that less than once a month.

Food Products has a list of grain free foods although some of them do contain rice as a minor ingrediant. Maybe you want to check that out as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts