Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I have decided to switch foods for my 2 cats since Sugar has thrown up again recently. I am deciding between Felidae which I already ordered and Chicken Soup. I hear both of them are very good but all the places I've been calling are discontinuing Chicken Soup and none of them have Felidae!

Im basically going to see which food my cats like better and go with that but meanwhile which do you guys like better out of these two?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can't say I'd choose one over the other....I've used both and think both are excellent brands. However, if it were up to my cats to make the decision Im betting they would choose Chicken Soup. I've never seen them eat any food so verociously.

·
Banned
410 Posts
All four of my cats turned up their noses at Chicken Soup. They ate the Felidae, but acted like they didn't really care if they had it or not. They do love Natural Balance, though.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I put out 2 bowls--- One Felidae and One Chicken Soup.

Twinkie: Ate chicken soup first and later nibbled 2 kibbles of Felidae

Sugar: Ate Felidae way more, but ate Chicken Soup when I hand fed her, maybe she thought they were treats.

Dilemma: I dont want her eating too much and throwing up again. Both are good brands but I dont know which one to keep. I wish they both liked one over the other.

Question: Should I give her Chicken Soup b/c she eats it and it'll do, or should I keep the Felidae and let her eat it up. Twinkie wasn't that fond of Felidae btw. Thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Is Sugar's problem with throwing up from eating too quickly? If so, you might want to give her something she will not wolf down? I'm not sure on this one.
My kitties have been on Felidae for a several weeks now. Justin and Stormy both initially lost a little bit of weight, I guess from playing with each other. But now Justin is being a pig! He wants food all the time and has gained back some weight. He is not obese, but I'd like to keep him at a lower weight if I could, his belly swings when he walks. :) I am not sure if he normally wants food all the time and maybe he just wasn't as hungry until he adjusted to his new home? Although it took maybe a month before he started increasing his food intake.
I think I myself will stay on Felidae a bit longer, I need to measure and see exactly how much their consuming and if Justin continues to gain weight I may check into something else.
Anyone else had kitties on Felidae that need to lose a little weight?

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She chews her food pretty good now. The thing is, I dont think what she ate previously matched with her sensitive belly. When she was a kitten she would barf up whole foods but not anymore.

A few hours passed and Sugar now is eating the Chicken Soup and Twinkie still won't touch the Felidae.....

I think I know which one I may pick.....Chicken Soup! :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Feed which ever food you can actually continually get your hands on! lol

They are both good...

I personally would say Felidae over the chicken soup adult, but this is just speaking ingredient wise.

Take into consideration which foods your cats are wild over, it's found that most cats will need to eat less of the felidae to feel full then that of the chicken soup, mostly because the chicken soup taste better (and yes, of course, I have tried that myself, lol!) If you go with the chicken soup, make sure you keep an eye on their proper feeding amounts and do not over feed.

Plus, you can always feed more then one food at the same time.

Right now I actually am feeding Chicken Soup Adult, Innova Adult with a little bit of Blue adult all mixed in together. It is ok to mix foods on a daily basis for cats, you only need to be carefull of how often you switch their foods and how gradually you do this.

I switch my cats food about ever 5-6 months or more, during these times their food stays consistant, and there is a gradual food change over the period of about 2 weeks for this gang.

Lastly, you can always buy felidae for the cat who wants that, and chicken soup for the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts