Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I noticed the Feline Pine original pellets are no longer yellow in color and long, they are now short and brown pellets.For over 5 years, this was the best product; but recently it was reformulated. The pellets are visibly different and no longer absorb urine. I use special Feline Pine litter boxes that I had purchased through a link on their original website and no matter how much I put underneath the grate, the urine accumulates and smells like ammonia. I sent an email to Arm & Hammer who recently purchased the company, but they did not respond. Very disappointed and shopping around for a new litter.
I also called them and sent a picture of the 2 side by side, obviously different.

Can anyone suggest a new similar litter? this new stuff makes my house smell like urine in a few days and its wet puddled sawdust underneath sifter box. sooo disappointed in this company to lie to us

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I have found the same thing as far as physical appearance with the generic equine pine pellets I use ($5.99 for 40 pound bag). It is the same thing as Feline Pine without the targeted marketing for cats. The pine pellets are about half the length that they were a few months ago but unlike you they seem to absorb just fine. Are you putting enough pellets in the top tray? I use about 2-3" with no issues. The sawdust filters down to the bottom tray and the poop just gets scooped out. Perhaps putting a paper towel in the bottom would help? Try the Equine pine bedding. It's exactly the same thing for a fraction of the cost. Available at feed and seed stores or Tractor Supply. Last time I bought it they gave me 6 damaged bags for free. These are HUGE bags - 40 pounds.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have just started out switching to a new pine pellet 100% yesterday (I had been mixing it with the old last month), that looks exactly like what you describe and though its just one day, I think I seemed to like the new ones better. Its lighter and smaller and just smells of wood and ET seemed to bury his poop better with it. Its called Guardian Angel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
not good

i contacted this company and they stated they dont sell to major retailers in the USA but sell their product through Petsmart under the name of Exquisite cat pine litter... That brand got horrible reviews on Petsmarts site as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts