Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently arrested in the process of switching my cats to feline pine NON clumping litter (the original), because I cannot find a proper scooper! Does anyone on here use feline pine?? what litter scooper do you use and most importantly WHERE did you buy it!? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
This one is small, but what you want is holes large enough for the pellets to go through
See if anybody else have something better to recommend.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
i just use a regular scooper, and sift every other day or so to get the dust out. you can buy wood stove pellets for a lot less than FP and it's exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I use a sifting litter box system (Petsmart or on the Feline Pine website) and a cooking spoon (large metal or plastic spoon). I scoop the poop then use the spoon to rake and stir the pellets allowing the sawdust to fall down through the sifting pan holes. When most of it has dropped to the pan below, I pick up the sifter portion and give it a good shake to get the rest of it to fall through. Dump the sawdust filled pan and replace the top sifter portion.
Done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our previous kitty LiL Sadie peed a lot, clumping was awful as I would end up with just large blocks of wasted litter. Feline pine solved that.

I would use a flat non sifting shovel, move the upper layer pellets aside, scoop the sludgy dusty stuff off the bottom, and then
fill back in with pellets. It wasn't perfect but a bag of litter certainly lasted a lot lot longer with her. And smelled better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts