Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Some cats don't mind it, but my cat took one look at it, glared at me, and pooped on the floor next to the litterbox (she's a bit opinionated...typical torbie). Some cats just never get the hang of pellet litters, others adapt just fine.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I've recently switched Dylan to something similar - Wood based pellets and its the best one so far in my opinion.

I initially tried clumping which clumped most of the bloody box every time he pee'd then crystals, which worked well except any excess "liquid" just sloshed around in the bottom and the yellowness isn't pleasant :p

So far this one is best for keeping smells away and there's never any puddles of urine in the bottom when I change it and it doesn't stick to the litter tray or Dylans paws at all. It's pretty cheap too.

Only drawback if any is that Dylan gets over enthusiastic with digging sometimes and the lil bits of sawdust need hoovering up :p

Hayley xx x

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did your ^^^ kitty take a while ato adjust? I put a thin layer of Feline Pine in my cat's litter box then covered it with teh regular litter. When they dig and encounter the Pine my cats look at me like, "is this woman on crack?" but they continue to use the litter box just fine. The idea is to gradually phase old, dusty litter out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a similar experience with Feline Pine as did Gudewife: Indigo went the whole day without using it then when it must have become really urgent she urinated on our bed :roll: . She similarly rejected World's Best Cat Litter (she has been used to clumping clay for over 6 years now). So I switched back to clumping clay and am currently running 2 boxes as litter comparisons - EverClean in the one (both cats love this for the texture I presume, and I love the clumping factor), and my latest reject has been ExquisiCat in the other. They use this, but less than the EverClean, and I find it doesn't clump as hard. I plan to try Precious Cat next as I do need something slightly cheaper than EverClean that I can either mix in or alternate to reduce the overall cost.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had no problems switching all three girls. They went one boxload as a transition, with half and half, and when I filled it with straight pine the next time, they were just fine.

To my knowledge, anyhow. I hope I don't discover surprises one of these days...

Lisa

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah i tried the pellets and my cats absolutly hated it lol. they **** on the floor! but i dunno my cats are quite picky...i don't really think that it should matter. lol.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Not really but overall Dylan is VERY accomodating ;)

When I went to the breeders place to pick Dylan I knew I didn't want a hyperactive cat and I had a choice of three. Dylan's two silver brothers were play fighting and Dylan was sat on my knee as i sat cross legged just watching them as if to say "what on EARTH are you guys doing?!"

He was just sooo laid back and mellow. I guess my choice paid off because he adapts pretty well to most things. I was able to just switch his liter straight away with no problems really...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts