Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't answer your questions, I just wanted to say that I had a cat that had only two seizures (that people witnessed) in 13 years of her life. I saw one of them, and although it was very scary, it never seemed to have happened again (that anyone witnessed anyway). There were no abnormalities found in her blood, and the vet said medication was not necessary and not recommended unless the seizures happen regularly. This cat did die of cancer 5 years after the seizure I witnessed, but I am pretty sure it is unrelated and I don't think she ever had any more after the one I saw. Both seizures happened shortly after a move - possibly the added stress of a move may have had something to do with it.

I just wanted to let you know it doesn't always get worse, and it doesn't necessarily have to be epilepsy or a tumor - I don't think my cat had either. So just keep your eyes open - but if the vet doesn't find anything wrong, don't worry too much unless the seizure happens again.

Rita

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.