Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sort of had doubts about this, as for one thing I don't usually trust "synthetic" stuff. Plus, at first it didn't seem to be working....

I have been gone for the last 2 weeks, coming home only an hour or so to feed and scoop litter. I know this change probably has Paizly riled up, so she's been sleeping under my desk shelf...even though her own bed is right beside it.
I got a plug-in diffuser, and plugged it in nearest where Paizly sleeps. I also got the spray and spritzed her bed with it. She still refused to sleep in her bed, and instead now sleeps behind the office couch.

I figured I might as well try another thing (and use up more spray stuff, since I already spent $13 on it anyway). I spritzed her bed again, and the inside of the carrier, waited about 15 minutes for them to dry, then loaded her up for a visit to a new vet that was 25 minute drive away (most of my vets have been less than 10 minute drive).

Usually Paizly starts howling the minute I latch the carrier closed. She did meow, but it wasn't her usual loud wailing.
During the car ride, she was not shivering and shaking like she usually does. Her breathing was a little heavy & elevated, which is normal.
Here's the point where this stuff really went to work! I put the carrier on a chair in the lobby/waiting room while I filled out new client paperwork and told my concerns, etc. I kept looking over and Paizly was watching everything...but calmly, not her usual frightened wide-eyed way. Granted, I was the only client there, no other people or animals...but it was still a new place with new smells, sights, sounds, etc.
I go to sit in the chair beside her to wait... and she fell asleep! She napped the whole 15 minutes we were waiting!
As I said, no other cats or dogs barking, but there was the staff talking...usually any stranger voices has Paizly kind of skittish. But not this time! She was snoozin' away like there was nothin' wrong at all!

Definitely worth the $13 for the spray. Still confused about her refusing to use her bed at home, though...
Maybe when I get back home for good next month, that will help too. (Zinny and Nebby, of course, couldn't care less if I'm there or not...just as long as the food doesn't run out! LOL)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ive used the plug in diffuser before for introductions. Sammy gets really upset in the car and I've thought many times about using the spray in his carrier to see if that helps calm him. I will definitely be getting some to try out next time we have to take them in the car. It's'' goo to hear you had a good experience with it.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I use the diffusers and the spray with excellent results. I always spray the carriers about a half hour before using the carrier and also give a spray to the interior of the car before going to the vet, etc.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Well, I've had the Feliway diffuser for about 3 weeks now and today I walked in on THIS!

As far as I'm concerned, this stuff is more valuable than GOLD!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts