Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Feliway for spraying and stress in multi-cat households?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It seems to have a wonderful soothing effect on some cats, but a couple of our members had no noticable results. Of course, some cats have no reaction to catnip, either.

·
Registered
676 Posts
For some cats it seems to work, for others not.
I only really know about the plugin as it has sparked my attention since it came out, and I know about 1-3 months can pass with it's usage before you will see any real effects.

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has it stopped your cat from scratching furniture..

Feliway says it will stop cats from scratching furniture since they will be attracted and mark the furniture with their cheeks instead.

Has anyone seen this happen?

I have a real problem with cat scratching furniture when no one is looking (he knows it is bad), and he has scratching posts he uses too, when we are looking.

Hollie

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hollie. I have a large couch-hide a bed, and my cats were constantly scratching it up, even after I made for them a scratching post. So, I had to cover the furniture with blankets and bed spreads. Now, once in a while I'll catch one or two of them scratching on it, but a quick squirt of water tells them I do not like that behavior.

......wayne

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't catch my cat scratching...

My cat only scratches the furniture when I'm not around, he knows it is bad, perhaps because I squirted him with water when he was a kitten and scratched.

Has anyone noticed Feliway stopping cats scratching after the furniture is sprayed with Feliway?

Hollie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts