Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think about the product Feliway? sometimes my cat urinates outside the box and i was thinking of trying Feliway. does anybody have any experiance with the product. I'd love to hear your feed back.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've used it, and it seems to make my cats calmer! But I don't know if it works for behavioral issues like urinating outside the box.

·
Registered
89 Posts
its supposed to make them stop peeing everywhere. I bought it then my cat stopped peeing outside the box so I took it back, and now shes doing it again. I just didn't understand if your supposed to spray it around the box or what, so i'd like to know how to go about that before I pay $30 for it again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have used Feliway to stop occasional spraying, and it seemed to work well. Unfortunately, now when I stop using it the spraying resumes – so they have me hooked.

However, if it is just confined to the litter box it might be another problem. Cats can be very finicky about the litter box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have recently had the problem of one of my 3 cats not using the litterbox. We took them to the vet, etc. to rule out any medical issues and then did a couple of things in combination:

-They were peeing in 2 places (2 rooms). We cleaned both spots with Natures Miricle (I'm still up in the air as to if it takes out the smell or not).
-We shut the door to one of the rooms (the other is an open room with no doors)
-a food bowl was placed in the corner they were using in the open room.
-we have 4 litterboxes in our house. They were all of the covered variety. We changed one of them to an uncovered box.
-Each litterbox is cleaned out every day and completely changed once a week (we use scooping litter).
-we bought a feliway dispenser (plug in variety) and are using it in the open room

We've had no incidents since then. I don't know if it was the feiliway or not, but I'm not altering any of the variables since it seems to be working!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts