Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felix, for those of you that don't know, is my mothers 18 year old teeny tiny Tom cat. He weighs about 6lb -or at least he did- he has lost some weight recently.

He had a check up as regards to his epilepsy treatment on Saturday and it was discovered that he has a tumour on his liver.

So, sad times. We arent going to put him though a battery of tests, because theres no point. He is 18 years old and has been frail for quite some time. Nothing can be done regardless of any diagnosis. He seems happy and bright at the moment so we are taking each day aas it comes.

He is such a little cutie and the last surviving 'family' pet from when my brother and I were still living in the family home.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Oh, that is sad. He is a very old cat though, and he's had a wonderful life.

My SO Mum's cat had cancer, she lived for 18months after the diagnosis. She was 18 too.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Awww, Felix is such a cute boy. He looks so content and comfortable in that picture.

It sounds like you're doing the right thing. I hope his remaining time, however long that is, is happy. I'm sure you and your mom will try to make it that way.

Good for Felix for having lived a good, long life.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Ohh, sad news :(.

I hope you and your mum can lavish him with love for all the rest of his days - maybe this will progress very slowly and you will have lots of time to let him know how special he is....

Fran

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the messages. Much appreciated!!There were some abnormal blood tests come back today for Felix, but the vet said that they arent as bad as she expected and he looks as bright as a button - long may that continue.

Heres another pic of my favourite ol' man with a certain feline friend in the background ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts