Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I'd like to start a discussion regarding feluk+cats. Unfortunately I have plenty of experience with this horrible disease having had 12 feluk+ cats. Now I'm down to only 2.

I learned about a immune boosting drug called Staph A. I've had good results. I've brought feluk+ cats back from death with this medication. A vet at the University of S. Mississippi did some research and my vet follows her protocol.

Let me hear from you folks with Feluk+ cats or anyone who is interested in joining in a discussion about this terrible disease.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me know more. A kitty recently adopted us and when I took her in to get shots and a physical it showed that she has feline leuk. UGH...my heart was broken. That was about 3 months ago. She seems so healthy and is such a happy love. I want to keep her that way. My vet has given me signs to watch for that might indicate problems. My other cats, Watson and Dexter, have been their shots for the disease. Keep me posted, please. Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staph A for feluk

Hi:

The only info I have on hand, it's 11:49 P.M. is the name of the vet who did the research and wrote a paper. It is her protocol that we follow. Her name is Dr. Kern and she is at Mississippi State University. Tomorrow I will try to call my vet to have them look in my file to find this vet's phone number.

FYI, the protocol for the Staph A, if you so chose to use it is: 2 injections in the belly, twice a week for 10 weeks, then once a month for ever. Hope your vet is willing to do this for you. It's a lot of mixing and freezing for this medication. It takes a little work, but it is worth it. The way my vet works it out is, I pay for the medication with my credit card and then she bills me for giving the injections. The medication works out to about $3 a dose I believe which is very cheap.

I'll make another post if I can get her phone number for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the place for this story. TigerBoy is doing great. Please read the entire story about him below. Then wait the six weeks. Cynthia

A note of thanksgiving from my heart.

We have an outdoor kitty that some jerk threw out of his pickup without even slowing down. I was the witness of this cruel act and thankfully the cat landed in a small pile of leaves. He tried to follow the truck but I called to him and he stopped. I was able to entice him to the yard with some food and a fresh dish of water. Gently I checked him to see if anything had been broken & thankfully nothing had. So I named him with a name that seemed to fit him--TigerBoy! He would be around a few days and then be on his way I thought but as long as he stayed, I would feed him. He didn't even know how to stalk his prey--not that I wanted him to start killing the birds & squirrels but he would only be able to catch the ones that were sick so he was keeping the population healthy.

We had another cat join our outside family and he (Outdoor Sleepy) began teaching TigerBoy how to do things like hunt and where to sleep, etc. So I thought we'd have two cats outside but then, we had three, then five. Well one day TigerBoy disappeared and we were worried sick. He always came for Breakfast even if he missed dinner. 4 days and no sign of TigerBoy. I thought he was gone. Then one day he came back. Such a poor sight. I grabbed a crate and scooped him up and we went 45 miles to the vet. TigerBoy had to be alright. I kept praying that we'd make it in time. Knowing he would most likely not be coming home again. I tried to tell my aching heart that it would be best for TigerBoy to take his trip to Rainbow Bridge.

HOWEVER, the vet told me TigerBoy may be alright. He told me his instructors said "take a bag of cat bones & a bit of cat skin; throw them in a dark room overnight and the next day you will have a cat" meaning it is hard to kill a cat. Well then we decided to test him for all the bad things and the leukemia came back positive. Again the thoughts of letting him go came but the vet said "wait six weeks. I've seen a few cats that were only exposed to the disease come back positive but when we retested them after six weeks, they were cleared." Well any hope is better than none so we healed his wounds (cat fight) and gave him clavimox (sp??) for six weeks and then retested him. TigerBoy IS CLEAR. NO leukemia!!!!!!! So you may want to use our prescription. Clavimox, LOTS of LOVE, and most importantly PRAYERS to the God that created all animals. Every night before I closed my eyes and all day long, I asked God to heal my TigerBoy. You see God does care about all of His creation and TigerBoy proved it again. If God attends the funeral of a sparrow, a cat is also important to Him.

Willing to discuss this either pm; @ email [email protected]; or here. Cynthia

·
Registered
9 Posts
TigerBoy Update

TigerBoy is doing great. Just saw the vet again today and has to go back in two weeks. Just to check him for the cat fight problems. He is doing GREAT! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts