• Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your female or male cat(s) dominant? I have one girl and three boys... my biggest and oldest male cat has a very dominant personality and is definitely the dominant male, but my little 7 pound female really rules the house. I'm wondering if the female(s) in your house is/are dominant or submissive to the male(s)?

Also, when my male bunny lived with a female bunny, the female was definitely dominant. But he was fixed and she wasn't, so I thought that might be the reason.

EDIT: added the (s) things...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
They both are in different ways. Sam's the big fat dude that takes up space and Suzy is the sneaky girl who likes to fight. :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I have 2 female and 1 male rabbits, the male is fixed but he is definatly the boss.

as for the cats- its hard to say, when it comes to best spot on the cat beds its butch, food its smeagle and fighting is screech. Butch is the only boy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Out of my older 4 - Tilly (third oldest) is dominant but only because the other two are too old to be bothered with all that dominance stuff. My boycat Billy is WAY down at the bottom when it comes to dominance - even the kitten has him well and truly under her control. But then...thats how it should be :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i voted male...mainly because reeko tries the hardest to dominate the house. woody really owns them all though. she doesn't even try, nor does she want to be dominant. she backs off if i throw her a treat, she lets reeko have it. but if they're engaged in a play fight...or if woody REALLY wants something, she always wins :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I didn't vote b/c I'm not sure. I have 2 females and 2 males. One female (Daisy) seems to be alpha over all 4; the other female (Lemur) seems to be omega, the bottom of the heap. In general, in my experience, females do tend to be more territorial, dominant, and wanting to fight; males tend to be more easy-going. True in my house, at least. That is, even though Lemur is the omega, she still fights from time to time with the boys. The females don't give a flip for other cats; the males love each other...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have 2 males and 1 female. The female is definitly the boss in this house. She is the oldest too. I'm not sure if that plays into it at all.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i too cannot choose... Cyberpet, your Sam & Suzy sound like my Tyra & Tyson lol he's the fat one that hogs the couch/pillow/blanket/cat tree/windowsill, while she's the one that will jump around and annoy him to get him to play. they're both brats :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts