Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered one of the ferals had kittens when I was walking out my door and she began hissing furiously at me. I couldn't imagine why - until I saw the little ones!! Now they're living in my back yard, since a neighbor cut my front lawn. Mom and her three little ones. Cali is fascinated by them.

Kitten t.v.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aww how sweet!! :)
I remember discovering kittens from a feral mom when I was very little, it was so exciting, I couldn't get enough of them. :)
The way they just pop out of nowhere, on their little wobbly legs... :luv

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Congratulations! :wink:

What are you going to do?

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
They are so cute! Momma sure was kind to have her kittens in your yard so that your girls could watch them grow up.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the same neighbor who cut my front lawn also cuts my back yard, they'll be gone. The long weeds are a safe place for them right now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We had wild baby bunnies born in our backyard about 2 years ago, so we haven't mowed for a couple of months, they had quite a jungle out there. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't ask him to cut the FRONT lawn! :? If I see him, I certainly will ask him to hold off on the back yard. I imagine he'll show up when I'm out getting the mail or something, because I'm sure he'll expect to be paid. He's cut my lawn before, but only after asking if I wanted him to do it. grrrrrrr

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Can you sneak over and take the spark plug out of his lawn mower :lol: ?

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the guy this morning and told him about the kittens, so he'll check back with me to see when it's safe.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out it wasn't my neighbor, it's some guys working on the property. He came up to my car this morning and said he'd cut my back yard for $15. I guess the front was free, but I felt bad. I gave him $20 for the front and told him I'd pay him again for the back yard when it's okay.

They're lying in the sun out back right now. SOOOO cute! But when I open the door, the little kittens scatter under the steps. My neighbor feeds the ferals dry food and has water out for them, but I've also been giving Mom and her kids the food that my girls won't eat (pate-style). I watched the little kittens eat it last night.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How CUTE! Too bad I don't live in San Diego. Love the pic of them laying out in the sun - my kitties do that every time I take them outside.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now, the little gray boys are wrestling and their little white sister is watching. Mom is sleeping on my dryer - I guess she needed a break!! :D

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
marie73 said:
Right now, the little gray boys are wrestling and their little white sister is watching. Mom is sleeping on my dryer - I guess she needed a break!! :D
My God, how adorable that sounds! It reminds me of Mallie and her litter.

I fed Malibu and her kittens under my hay-shed and at about 4 or 5wks old ... she moved them and I thought I'd never see them again. But, about 4wks later, all five came back! I was getting ready for work and saw movement outside the front window and Mallie was sitting in one of the cushioned chairs and watching her four kittens play among the shrubs bordering the patio. I started putting out cat food. After about a week, I put it in the garage and left the door up about 8". A few days later I went out the back door with the garage remote and when I counted heads at the food bowl, I activated the remote to close the door.
Viola! I had trapped my first cats!

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last night I heard some scratching in the kitchen and it was by the back door. I thought, oh crap, don't tell me my girls want out, they never have before!

It was momma feral. I hadn't brought out their plate of food at the usual time. :?

·
Registered
534 Posts
How cute!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
marie73 said:
It was momma feral. I hadn't brought out their plate of food at the usual time. :?

Haha, when it comes to food, they certainly learn very quickly, don't they?

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Marie, here are some organizations who will help with feral cats. It would be best to socialize the kittens asap. The Humane society will lend you a humane trap. Otherwise, the population will just continue to grow. Some vets and shelters will help adopt them out and spay or neuter them. Try a few phone calls. You would be their angel! :)

http://www.bing.com/search?srch=106&FOR ... s+by+state.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts