Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking into water fountains for the cats for a bit now. And really its because they refuse to drink out of anything except the dog's dish and the sink. Toilet if the sink isn't running:?

Any who I finally got a fountain, not the pretty ones I've been drooling over (I plan on getting one of those later on) Just a cat-it fountain. *Pic taken from google not mine*

Anyway its been a battle. Mainly Nero actually.

Tobay at first thought it was an evil monster of doom. Then I grabbed him took a paw and touched the water with it. Now its his best friend. At first though he did forget it was there, came running in when he heard me bustling in the cat closet, he came running running started out with a meow saw the cat-it in his peripheral vision jumped sideways with a sound that sounded like "whoa." It was cute. Lol, he went up touched with his paw then drank. Now it seems like every time he goes up to it he touches it with his paw first. I think I started a habit. Lol

Now like I said I'm meeting a wall of resistance with Nero. He likes his water coming from the sink faucet thank you very much. He has tried the glare and meow tactic, the sulk, and of course the "If you wont give me water I wont give you sink" method which involves him laying in the sink. We decided every time he does something like that to pick him up and drop him in front of the cat-it. He will then give us a repoachful look of how dare you. try to run back to the sink, be redeposited by the cat-it and finally take a couple laps from the water.

So we are winning. Nero is not making it easy. But he is slowly giving in. Time will tell right?

·
Registered
223 Posts
If your cat likes to drink from running water from a tap look into the Drinkwell 360. There is a plastic one and Stainless Steel one. My male is a tap drinker and he drinks from the Drinkwell 360 far more then he did from the old plastic one I used for a week.

I got mine from Costco.ca for $80 Cdn compared to $130 at Petsmart. It's the Stainless Steel. It wasn't on their website when I checked last week but if you keep watching for deals you can get on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is running water. It bubbles up in the middle and pours back down the sides then bubbles back up.

Nero doesn't care if the faucet is running, he just likes drinking from the sink. But he wont say no to running water either.

·
Registered
709 Posts
We have the same one, but in pink! We've had it about 3 weeks now. Evie likes it, she rather delicately sips from it. Mitzi isn't too fond, but has been spied to sneak a drink when she thinks no-one is watching!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the ceramic one from petco and my boys love it. It's no louder than the fridge and I think it looks kinda decorative. It was mainly for selfish purposes as I got tired of cleaning up water off the floor all the time. Alex liked to 'dig' on the side of the bowl and spill it everywhere. He still kinda does it now but the fountain is much too heavy for him to shift. My only complaint is that they stick their little paws into it after being in the litter box so I have to clean it often to keep it clear of little bits of litter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts