Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you guys know I got a new cat about 3 weeks ago (Justin). Well I was gone for about 4 days and during that time the two cats did not see each other much. Since I've been back, they have fought twice and it has been different then the other times before I left. It is over with quickly but when they tumble I see a little bit of fur fly off, so they must be using claws. Like I said, over in about a second and I've checked them and they don't appear to have really hurt each other, I am just concerned. I'm hoping this will pass? I'm just worried that this will continue and that they might actually hurt each other. Other than these couple of fights, they seem okay...chasing each other around a bit and even after the fights they will seat a couple feet away from each other and just glare.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
All my cats fight like that at least once a week. They have know each other for about 2 years. I really think that they are playing to an extent and when fur starts flying, I seperate them. These actions are usually preceeded by a fast romp through the house and one chasing the other up my 6 ft scratching post. I would say don't worry unless they seem to be damaging each other, but I've always taken it for granted that my cats fought in jest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't know the sexes of your cats or if they're fixed so I'm not sure about the reason they're fighting. If they're same sex it's over pecking order and they will figure it out on their own. Don't be over alarmed about the flying fuzz, it's from "stress shedding". It also helps to prevent serious injuries since the hair pulls out they don't get a real good hold on each other. I would check them out after each altercation to make sure there are no scratches that could get infected. If you find a laceration you can put some peroxide on it to clean it out and a little Neosporin wouldn't hurt eithe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts