Cat Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It does sound good. The previews looked good. I loved the original and then hated the sequels though so I might wait for it to come out on DvD.... on the other hand a movie like that NEEDS to be seen on the big screen...

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
The Butler is on Netflix now. I think I might curl up with that and some popcorn this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
26,432 Posts
My best friend saw it, LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said at one point, popcorn spewed out of her mouth when something funny caught her offguard. I told her to stop sharing information with me.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Keep up the Netflix recommendations - much cheaper than the theaters. If you are "Looking for love in all the wrong places", Urban Cowboy is now on Netflix.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Some Really good funny movies would be welcomed!
So... Spy...is now on the list!:D:cool:

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
In the movies to take the kids to,dept. inside Out is supposed to be very good, it's a kid's movie, but surprisingly mature.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just watched a wonderful Scorsese picture I've never seen before! :D It was 'The Age of Innocence.' Starring Daniel Day Lewis, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Winona Ryder. The cinematography and costumes alone are enough reason to watch this wonderful period drama! It's set in Victorian New York city and it's just a marvelous, ornate film. Two thumbs up from me and Spot (who watched it with me) :thumb

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
One of my favorite films, Paul. One where the film is actually better than the novel. I was in grad school when Age of Innocence came out and a friend and I took an afternoon and went to both it and Joy Luck Club. Pretty emotional day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
One of my favorite films, Paul. One where the film is actually better than the novel. I was in grad school when Age of Innocence came out and a friend and I took an afternoon and went to both it and Joy Luck Club. Pretty emotional day.
Ah, wonderful! I was really hoping someone else here would know it! :) I've long admired Scorsese's work, he's my favorite director and I believe his films are all worth watching, even when he falters. That's how I came across The Age of Innocence; in my quest to see his complete filmography it was next. I'm less familiar with the source material, but I'm curious to read it, especially since you say the film is better.

Either way, it is possible to love The Age of Innocence for its sumptuous, gilded visuals alone. Throw in a top notch screenplay, fantastic direction and camera work (the camera is the most obvious Scorsese element here - my how it moves in some shots!), spot on casting and performances, and well ... you end up with a really special film. I would highly recommend it :thumb

81 - 93 of 93 Posts