Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks for having been such a great resource for me over the last 3 months since I adopted my two feral kittens. One was VERY feral and the other likes to think she's feral, but I doubt she has any memories at all of her short couple weeks outdoors.

My princess Zoe passed after an accidental fall from our balcony in September after 11.5 yrs of constant companionship. We'd been to H&&& and back together and she was my animal soulmate if there is such a thing. I came home from work that night and I knew she wasn't in the apartment when I started to cry and she didn't come to me. Also in the 24 hrs I spent looking for her (I considered the possibility she'd survived) I looked straight at where she was laying MANY times, but for some reason did not see her until I had my family members right there searching for her with me. Thankfully although it was obvious her injuries from the fall it was also obvious she thought she was home since she was hiding behind the neighbour's bbq which was her fave spot on our balcony.

Losing her left a hole in my heart and a big empty space in my home. I'd already been planning a kitten as a companion to her - we'd had another kitty when she was younger who'd passed due to cardiac scarring from pneumonia when he was only a couple weeks old. So I went to the rescuer I'd been planning to visit with 2 specific kitties in mind, but ended up bringing home 2 completely different kitties!

Pedro & Apple are my little lights and lovies. Apple is insane and keeps me laughing. Pedro is my lovey. We had a difficult start because he was quite feral when first arriving at the rescue and had only been there 2 months. The first day he bit me bad enough to leave two full sets of teeth marks - one set went to the bone! - and a multitude of scratches. After that he slowly settled down and now just 3 months later he wouldn't dream of biting me nor even opening his claws for any reason! Apple I'm convinced has feline ADHD and when she hits 1 yr this spring I'm going to have a serious conversation with our vet about it. Breaks my heart to see the look of frustration on her face when she really wants to settle down, but is pacing instead.

It was the first day with Pedro that sent me searching for help with feral kitties and how to comfort them to make them feel safer. That's how I found this place and gosh am I ever thankful!

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Welcome!

I'm so sorry about Zoe, and yes, it is possible to have an animal soulmate. :patback

Can't wait for pictures and more stories about Pedro and Apple - love the names!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Marie! I will have to put together 2 or 3 pics of them to share. :) Pedro reminds me of the clip from Despicable Me where the little girl says, "He's so FLUFFFFFFYYYYYYYY" LOL

I've been watching your struggles with Gigi and the twins. Was so sad for you when she had to return to your home after such an awful experience. :( I hope this time she & the twins can either find some common ground or a solid home is found for Gigi!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about Zoe. We're looking forward to seeing pics of Pedro and Apple. I love fluffy cats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts