Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I was having a heck of a time trying to find cross-stitch birth records for the babies we're expecting. Well, I got online with Bucilla (a company that sells needlecraft) and found just about exactly what I was looking for. I ordred them on Wednesday and didn't want to wait for the 8-10 days it normally takes on regular delivery so I had them expressed and got them today.

I absolutely LOVE to cross-stitch but I have a terrible habit of starting a project, completing it to about halfway and then tucking it away only to be discovered again years later. So when I told my mom how I got these kits and all I have to do is stitch them up now, fill in the birth information after their born and then have them framed she said "So you'll have them done by the time they graduate high school?" :lol: Haha!! Very funny. I have every intention of getting these done in time to hang on the wall in the babies' room. I figure I have about 3 months to do both of them, so that leaves me about 6 weeks for each. I hopefully won't have the babies quite that soon but I guess with twins it can be pretty unpredictable. Guess what I'll be doing every day for hours on end for a while? :p

Here's a picture of what they'll look like when they're done. I think it's a little bit more on the feminine side for a pattern but I've already figured out certain areas where I'm going to change the colors on the second one for the boy just to make it a little more boyish.

·
Registered
637 Posts
What a beautiful cross-stitch pattern! Yes, I have one that's been in the works for like 3 years. I'm also great at starting something and not finishing, especially cross-stitch. I think I last picked it up 2 1/2 years ago or more.. :oops: I probably have one or two around waiting to do.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ndkittymom said:
violina23 said:
I've seen that one in the stores around here. It's a nice picture but I can tell you I would NEVER have the patience to actually complete it. Looks too detailed. :wink:

Hahaha, maybe! It's a lot of half-stitching aside from the dolphins and rocks. The only annoying part about it is that it calls for a lot of stitches with "2 threads of blue-purple, and 3 threads of turquoise", etc... That's a bit hard to keep track of, especially when you have a curious kitty that you need to prevent from getting too close to the threads!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts