Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my bf have been in this 3rd floor 700 Sq. feet apt. for about 3 years now. Things were getting broken down and it was getting small in here.

We're moving into a 1400 Sq. feet Townhome near the Lake. It's 3 floors with a garage in the bottom floor and the kitties will have a balcony on 2nd floor!!

We're getting alot of new furniture and appliances too. Can't afford the bedroom yet but that'll be soon. I can't wait!!

So I've been packing and procrastinating all week. We're getting the keys today and we should be moved in completely by Sunday :jump

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Excellent! Your new place sounds wonderful. :)

I hate packing and moving. But it is great once you are settled.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Oh the joys of moving!!!
I wish you the best of stress relief! LOL!

How will you be able to keep the balcony safe for kitties?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Although stressful, the excitement of moving to a brand new place can overpower the negative side of it. You will have lots of fun and get everything re-organized with time. Your kitties will have tons of fun too on the balcony. You can put a birdfeeder out there. My kitties have a blast pretending to be on a hunt!
We should have a housewarming party

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BoscosMum said:
How will you be able to keep the balcony safe for kitties?
I'm pretty positive my cats won't jump off but the thing is, the balcony has part of the roof protruding several inches in front of it. I'm hoping they don't dare step out and jump onto the roof!! If they do they are getting grounded from the patio......

I'll be taking pictures this weekend. Gtg pack some more now :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Congratulations :D I hate moving and packing too!! Of course it looks like when my lease is up I will be moving again too!!!

Post some pics of your new place once you get setteled. I'm sure the kitties are going to be thrilled to have more space!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I know the feeling, the last place I lived was so small I could vacuum the whole house without ever having to change the cord into another outlet. Congrats, it's a pita but exciting as well.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday the movers came and worked really fast to get all our stuff downstairs. The thing that was messed up about that was that they just left me at my old apt. without letting me know they were going to the new place and they were waiting at the new place for like 10 min.

I think they should of told me they were leaving b/c I was packing stuff up and when I went downstairs the truck was gone. When they got there first thing in the morning, I told them they could follow me there to the new place so they don't have to look for it.

My bf calls me when I rush over there telling me they're waiting. Well, anyways that was totally their fault. They could of said "We're leaving", "Are you ready yet?", or "We're leaving after this load and need you there".....

I probably walked like 100 times up and down 3 flights of stairs at the apt. and now at the townhome there are more stairs inside! My legs are sore and so is my whole body.

Just for those who want to know how the kitties are...... Sugar started exploring first like usual, sniffing every single inch of everything and climbing the stairs and later running up when someone goes up. She was sleeping in my arm when I woke up this morning. Wanting extreme petting and love cause she's probably excited and scared.

Twinkie took awhile and is such a scaredy cat but in the middle of the night last night he was meowing and howling b/c he didn't know where he was. He's still low to the ground and exploring on his own time.

I've got a litterbox in the restroom downstairs and it's a big Rubbermaid type container and they've used it successfully :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts